"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

Yeah, I know paying in installments is the norm, but if they've come out and said we're going to spend all the money in the summer, they are setting themselves up for another PR disaster.

Never thought of it that way as when we buy players UP FRONT then that means the transfer fees will come out of our own pocket  so it will be another loan from fatman or other income .

Yeah, I know paying in installments is the norm, but if they've come out and said we're going to spend all the money in the summer, they are setting themselves up for another PR disaster.

so no chance he might make an exception this case then?  say he knows he's gonna spend 20m of the 35m on transfer, why couldn't he just arrange the installments on the outgoing 20m to align with incomings on the 35m?  why wouldn't he?  in a sense it is "paid for upfront" it's just not coming out of his pocket or another pot of cash from elsewhere

just 'cause they said something once doesn't mean it's legally binding

so no chance he might make an exception this case then?  say he knows he's gonna spend 20m of the 35m on transfer, why couldn't he just arrange the installments on the outgoing 20m to align with incomings on the 35m?  why wouldn't he?  in a sense it is "paid for upfront" it's just not coming out of his pocket or another pot of cash from elsewhere

just 'cause they said something once doesn't mean it's legally binding

Just think they want it neat and tidy like Sports Direct stores  :cheesy:

Not sure if already posted but apparently Pardew has confirmed by invested - he means in the signing fee and wages.

Caulkin confirmed.

Bit behind the times mate  :spit:

Fair enough  :thup:

So, an £8m player on £50k per week for 5.5 years will eat into the thick end of £21m of this dosh.

Wonderful.

Source that it is to be paid in installments?

All transfers tend to be that way. Ashley riled against that when he first arrived, stating the we at least would pay for players in one go where possible.

and something that uefa ought to be looking at bringing in alongside it's other financial fair play stuff.

We're not going to make any signings over about £8m at max, I hope nobody is expecting any realistic replacement for Carroll to come in.

i'll bet you a pint we make a signing of over 8million before the next transfer window is shut.

Not exactly out the question since we'd just offered 12m for a player. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Never thought of it that way as when we buy players UP FRONT then that means the transfer fees will come out of our own pocket  so it will be another loan from fatman or other income .

The chances are we will have around £15m up front to spend. The rest will go towards wages as an ongoing expense over their deals/other players wages so there will be no money out of his own pocket and no PR disaster as the money still goes 'into the squad'. The only issue is people rather stupidly thinking the £35m will be spent on transfers as Pardew accidentally said at one point and i am sure there will be a fair few of them knocking about our fanbase.

The chances are we will have around £15m up front to spend. The rest will go towards wages as an ongoing expense over their deals/other players wages so there will be no money out of his own pocket and no PR disaster as the money still goes 'into the squad'. The only issue is people rather stupidly thinking the £35m will be spent on transfers as Pardew accidentally said at one point and i am sure there will be a fair few of them knocking about our fanbase.

What do you think of us signing Ireland Kint?

Not sure if already posted but apparently Pardew has confirmed by invested - he means in the signing fee and wages.

Caulkin confirmed.

Bit behind the times mate  :spit:

Fair enough  :thup:

So, an £8m player on £50k per week for 5.5 years will eat into the thick end of £21m of this dosh.

Wonderful.

i think it more likely we'd be making the 8m type of signings who wouldn't command 50k per week - up and comers from smaller clubs who have a lot of talent and might make it big

more tiote's if you like

Source that it is to be paid in installments?

All transfers tend to be that way. Ashley riled against that when he first arrived, stating the we at least would pay for players in one go where possible.

and something that uefa ought to be looking at bringing in alongside it's other financial fair play stuff.

That's something that is slightly bugging me (primarily because I havn't a clue what this financial fair play thing means or when it comes into play). But let's say we do start spending some large wedge on players in lump sums despite actual incoming transfer fees being spread over 5 years or whatever, by doing that, would we get into trouble?

Say what you will about Shepherd - I have no doubt that if we ever sold a player for £35 million under him, I have no doubt that the money would be re-invested into the team, even it was just to appease the fans.

We would have headed into administration with Shepherd in charge. The finances were really, really fucked. We were lucky that when the credit crunch came and the banks withheld credit, Ashley was our owner, and not Shepherd.

Guest Roger Kint

Not sure, in theory its a good deal on loan with relatively little to lose and everything to gain should he come good. Not sure i would like him perminently though, Would probably be talking £6m+ and his big wages(£60k+?) on the assumption that the next 6 months will be the norm. Big gamble then imo

Not sure, in theory its a good deal on loan with relatively little to lose and everything to gain should he come good. Not sure i would like him perminently though, Would probably be talking £6m+ and his big wages(£60k+?) on the assumption that the next 6 months will be the norm. Big gamble then imo

Villa say they want him back but player asks for a transfer after doing well for us and we are in the driving seat i suppose .

More Tiotes like N'Zogbia? That would have been the vast majority of the money gone btw, on a player they themselves sold for a third of his true value.

well, you'd like to think that with 4 months to burn they might be able to identify more cost-effective targets

Guest Roger Kint

Villa say they want him back but player asks for a transfer after doing well for us and we are in the driving seat i suppose .

Villa have to say that really, if we try to buy him they can then ask for more money as we have a few quid spare and he will have had a good spell of form for us to want him.

We have Carroll's wages to spend + surely Smith will go at the end of the season there's a canny wage there too.

That split will be wages for 2 decent players and should have no effect on the £35m

yeah but if smith goes that's another body in the squad that needs replacing, as is routledge and xisco

it's hardly like we were overstocked in the first place

We have Carroll's wages to spend + surely Smith will go at the end of the season there's a canny wage there too.

That split will be wages for 2 decent players and should have no effect on the £35m

yeah but if smith goes that's another body in the squad that needs replacing, as is routledge and xisco

Overstocked no but we have enough CM's surely even without Smith.. Xisco never plays anyway so he is no miss but get shot and we save another wage that can go on a player we will use.

Routledge will probably return.

Overstocked no but we have enough CM's surely even without Smith.. Xisco never plays anyway so he is no miss but get shot and we save another wage that can go on a player we will use.

Routledge will probably return.

you're right though, ship the likes of smith, campbell, xisco and so on then try and replace them with players on less money and we'll eat into the 35m sure enough

Guest Roger Kint

Kint,

Was thinking back to this thread:-

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,68461.120.html

Who'd have thought it, eh?

Not even 12 months down the line and we have Ireland, Bellamy is at Cardiff.

Funny old game.

:spit:

Somebody holds on to grudges a long time dont they? What is your point? Bellamy still wont come here and Ireland's stock has fallen so far that a loan is all he can do for gametime, wow arent we living the dream now! Yeah funny old game indeed.......