"Reassurances That Every Penny Will Be Reinvested In The TEAM."

Crumpy Gunt

didn't hughton spot Tiote and Ben Arfa was offered to us. quality players but they didn't come from a great plan.

Graham Carr scouted them both if members of this forum are to believed.

Hughton said he had been watching Tiote since Keegan had sent him over on a scouting mission.  Don't know about Ben Arfa.

Said it before but if every penny is invested into the team as promised in that interview we could come out of this deal stronger come next season.

meh, really mate?

Like I said, it all depends on it happening.

If it does, of course we could. Carroll is not the be all and end all, and as emotionally difficult this transfer is it could be to the benefit if spent right. Clubs do this all the time, selling their prize asset and rebuilding a team. For £35 million we could get 2 strikers, a winger, a CB and a RB. We could buy a load of young players to supplement the squad. The options are endless really aslong as our scouting is as sound as it was in the summer. It's not totally idealistic to think this could be huge for the club, £35 million is more money than I've ever remembered us have to spend.

I'm not going to get too optimistic yet because I'll need to see it happen before I buy into any of it, I'm just saying that if theoretically it does happen we could do very well out of this.

didn't hughton spot Tiote and Ben Arfa was offered to us. quality players but they didn't come from a great plan.

Graham Carr scouted them both if members of this forum are to believed.

Hughton said he had been watching Tiote since Keegan had sent him over on a scouting mission.  Don't know about Ben Arfa.

That's what I thought but a lad on here who knows Graham Carr (or somebody close to him) was telling me that Carr was the one that found Tioté originally.

Said it before but if every penny is invested into the team as promised in that interview we could come out of this deal stronger come next season.

meh, really mate?

If it does, of course we could. Carroll is not the be all and end all, and as emotionally difficult this transfer is it could be to the benefit if spent right. Clubs do this all the time, selling their prize asset and rebuilding a team. For £35 million we could get 2 strikers, a winger, a CB and a RB. We could buy a load of young players to supplement the squad. The options are endless really aslong as our scouting is as sound as it was in the summer. It's not totally idealistic to think this could be huge for the club, £35 million is more money than I've ever remembered us have to spend.

I'm not going to get too optimistic yet because I'll need to see it happen before I buy into any of it, I'm just saying that if theoretically it does happen we could do very well out of this.

i admire your optimism, but i've been following the club recently.

meh, really mate?

Hawer man, you can't say that we didn't do brilliantly over the summer with our signings. Ben Arfa and Tioté are 2 of the best signings we've made in years, Gosling is a bargain for nowt. Perch is a blemish but hey ho.

I'm not optimistic, because I'm saying I'm not conviced it will happen, but if it did we could do very well out of it.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

investment in the club could just mean the fat controller paying himself the money he no doubt claims he is owed

meh, really mate?

Hawer man, you can't say that we didn't do brilliantly over the summer with our signings. Ben Arfa and Tioté are 2 of the best signings we've made in years, Gosling is a bargain for nowt. Perch is a blemish but hey ho.

I'm not optimistic, because I'm saying I'm not conviced it will happen, but if it did we could do very well out of it.

thought we needed more signings and still do. thought we needed strengthening in january before carroll left. ben arfa and tiote were fantastic signings indeed. if we invest the carroll money we could do well out of it, i'm not arguing with you on that, i just dont think it'll happen. imo it'll take 50m at least of investment to make it worthwhile.

I have as much trust in Mike Ashley's promises as I would Josef Fritzl building my kids a 'secure' playroom.

That doesn't even make sense man. Josef Fritzl is world renowned for building enourmously 'secure' playrooms. O0

Wasn't really good for the bairns though...

I have as much trust in Mike Ashley's promises as I would Josef Fritzl building my kids a 'secure' playroom.

That doesn't even make sense man. Josef Fritzl is world renowned for building enourmously 'secure' playrooms. O0

Wasn't really good for the bairns though...

:thup:

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

It could really be great if this money went into more youth development.  Instead of trotting out Nicky Butt and Alan Smith, we'd have some young guys that we're grooming to become good pros, potentially worth a lot of money.  You like that, don't you Mike?  MONEY!  Players!  Worth MONEY!  Lots and lots of MONEY! 

Reinvestment could pay off.  With MONEY.  The fuck if I know if if ever pays off with trophies though.

Ashley's said in the past that all money generated from player sales would go back into the squad. From the accounts released so far, he seems to have kept his word on this. (See link below; and if you can't be bothered to read it, spare me your "wisdom" on our finances.) Added to the fact that he so far also hasn't taken any money out of the club, I see no reason why this statement shouldn't turn out to be true.

Doubt we'll get all £35 million in one lump, like. It'll come in dribs and drabs.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

So this is the poodle who said Andy's not being sold about 5 times in one sentence about one week ago?

And we should believe him?

Ok then. :dowie:

I doubt he was expecting him to hand in a transfer request.

Ashley's said in the past that all money generated from player sales would go back into the squad. From the accounts released so far, he seems to have kept his word on this. (See link below; and if you can't be bothered to read it, spare me your "wisdom" on our finances.) Added to the fact that he so far also hasn't taken any money out of the club, I see no reason why this statement shouldn't turn out to be true.

Doubt we'll get all £35 million in one lump, like. It'll come in dribs and drabs.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

At the end of the day though, getting it in 'drips and drabs' makes little difference. You just offset spending in the same way.