Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

A very emotional occasion. This team has a habit of ripping up the script, but never more dramatically than that.

Let's hope this rekindles that unity and positive outlook that seemed to be under threat this last week.

Arsene and Arsenal are moaning, whingy bastards and always have been.

It's pathetic, especially after a performance like that. Most managers would be praising our support and bemoaning their teams performance, not harping on about the referee and Joey Barton.

It really is, no humility, can't give credit, can't berate his players reaction which was violent conduct and unacceptable, just pathetic from someone who I want to respect. Even Fergie would have said fair play, he often does and has found humility in his latter years and made him more enduring imo, Wenger though I doubt he'll ever accept anything that goes against him, its just sour grapes.

Sorry but I've never EVER bought into the "Arsenal" brand. Hate their football and hate their manager, and most of their fans that I know are complete and utter gobshite twats. Thoroughly enjoying getting two over them this season.

I've never EVER celebrated a goal so much in all my life. What a second half. What a comeback. What a goal!

I missed the first 10 minutes, had a text from me brother, 'turn back now, 2-0 down', then heard the third go in as I was getting in the stadium.

The atmosphere in the second half was absolutely unbelievable. Where else in the country, make that the world, would you get practically everyone staying at the game when youre 4-0 down. A day to be proud of. I fucking love Cheik. And Joey. What a fucking man.

This sums it up for me, do you mind if I use this post on the United For Newcastle facebook?

Surely yesterday, we saw the greatest comeback in Premier League history?

So proud of the spirit of our players, and their never-say-die attitude. There wasn't one player in the black and white yesterday who wasn't putting in a shift, who wasn't playing with their heart on the sleeve.

It's this kind of passion from our players and us fans which will mean this club, will always be the greatest in the world.

I like thes 3 posts from when the equalizer went in. :laugh:

111111UHI2EGPWFHBEIUFSA

fflfglkkgnkf;hghkftg;'xfkh'phkxfh]'pxfkhx;fohksf'ptohfthpitjh;stihsrtpjohifdthusryhsruis

!!!!!!!!!!!!!nwfberkgbgblergblrbeb$3tp743gtgirqibrg

Words could not do it justice.  :lol:

Just watched the highlights again. I'll never tire of them. Off to bed.

Edit: Also just went and read the few pages during the goal. Third time I've cried over this moment.  :lol:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!nwfberkgbgblergblrbeb$3tp743gtgirqibrg

I would have loved being a fly on the wall watching when this post was made. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the 'blerg' in the middle that I love most. :lol:

What did people make of the officiating? I thought it was generally abysmal. Best was clearly onside, however I thought the 2nd penalty was ridiculously soft, I'd have been fuming if the ref had given that against my team.

Guest Tall Striker

What did people make of the officiating? I thought it was generally abysmal. Best was clearly onside, however I thought the 2nd penalty was ridiculously soft, I'd have been fuming if the ref had given that against my team.

Cancelled each other out really.

Got the Barton/Diaby decision spot on.

The two penalties were soft, with the second one being laughable. We also escaped a few cards that normally would have been given. I think Dowd just got caught up in the moment and let the game flow too much. I thought Barton was lucky to escape getting carded, especially when he tackled Arshavin in the first half. It was a yellow card, but the ref didn't even blow for the foul. That was when Arsenal were 4-0 up so Arshavin had a laugh about it, but we skated quite close to the edge at times.

Dowd has been great for us this season :thup:

I've never EVER celebrated a goal so much in all my life. What a second half. What a comeback. What a goal!

I missed the first 10 minutes, had a text from me brother, 'turn back now, 2-0 down', then heard the third go in as I was getting in the stadium.

The atmosphere in the second half was absolutely unbelievable. Where else in the country, make that the world, would you get practically everyone staying at the game when youre 4-0 down. A day to be proud of. I f***ing love Cheik. And Joey. What a f***ing man.

Nail.On.Head.

I went fucking mental, I was practically on my knees.

Was ironic that Williamson was getting away with far worse than that against Hangeland the other night and yet got a penalty himself for that. :lol:

I've got a feeling the ref will give a pen for a Williamson foul on Samba next week.

I was at work.  Was told when it was 0-3, 0-4 and 4-4.  When I was told of the final score I said lots of naughty words in front of customers and had to quickly apologise.

Words can't describe Cheik's goal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It wasn't the referee.

The three contentious decisions (Best offside, second pen and Nolan's headlock) were all decisions made, or seen, by the assistant. Which makes it even more ridiculous that Arsenal are blaming Dowd.