Leon Best

Godot

Have to laugh at those twats who were having a go at him for being "offside" when he scored that incorrectly disallowed goal.

Was that the only time he was offside?  If it was than I agree.

ah... yeah, it's because linesmen never make a mistake. :rolleyes: He wasn't offside when it counted but unfortunatly it wasn't allowed.

ah... yeah, it's because linesmen never make a mistake. :rolleyes: He wasn't offside when it counted but unfortunatly it wasn't allowed.

Linesmen do make mistakes, that's not the case when he's miles offside which he is more often than not.  He never seems to look along the defence to see where they are holding a line.

He was beyond awful against Fulham. Seems to prefer playing at home. Will do for 4th choice but expecting him to fill Carroll's void is unfair on him.

Like we're gonna buy 3 new strikers in the summer.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/shola-ameobi-nigeria.jpg

Linesmen do make mistakes, that's not the case when he's miles offside which he is more often than not.  He never seems to look along the defence to see where they are holding a line.

i take you think shola is better?

Don't see the point in picking faults with any of the players at the moment (at least while Alan Smith's injured), especially the strikers. The club had the chance to replace him and didn't so this is what we have and fair play to him, I thought Best did everything asked of him today.

He seemed to have very little intelligence when it came to being offside! Other than that he seems ok albiet rather limited. All we got though for quite a while- need to back him. I think Ranger is a decent "impact sub"

Guest Thump 1892

He's not a bad player by any means.  He looks like he's a bit behind on match fitness but honestly, as long as he's wearing a black and white shirt I'll support him.

He'll come good.  Mark my words.

Quite a few offsides today but he hasn't exactly got the pace to be affording the defenders a 2 yard headstart.  Maybe a good manager could work with him.

It's amazing how much Newcastle supporters seem to hate most of our own team. The only popular players seem to be Tiote, Ranger, Enrique and Coloccini.

I agree,

jonas, nolan, shola in particular get way to much stick

but lovenkrands is awful and shouldn't be starting again for us.

What Wullie said :thup:

Same. Buried his chance (and the other one, which got wrongly ruled out) and won the penalty that got us back into it in the first place.

Keep on going Leon :thup:

TBH Best isn't THAT bad but I do think that he and Lovenkrands have no chance together. IMO Ranger should be playing alongside Best as they both compliment each other. All you need do is look at today when Ranger came On

Leon Best and Liam Lawrence have been ruled out for the Republic of Ireland's opening game of the Carling Nations Cup against Wales on Tuesday due to injury.

Best picked up a hamstring injury during Newcastle United's 4-4 draw with Arsenal. The striker scored one of Newcastle's goals in the dramatic encounter.

Lawrence sustained a calf knock when playing for Portsmouth against Derby County.

Bristol City's Andy Keogh has been called up to the squad and will report for duty on Sunday to prepare for the game.

Surely this can't be good! Looks like we might be left with Ranger and Loven, sometimes feels like we're fighting some supernatural power who is just hell bent to see us relegated!  :sadnod:

TBH Best isn't THAT bad but I do think that he and Lovenkrands have no chance together. IMO Ranger should be playing alongside Best as they both compliment each other. All you need do is look at today when Ranger came On

I got to disagree with you. For now Ranger is first and foremost about physical presence. He's able to turnaround games because when he enters, he's fresh and rested, while the opponent defenders start to feel the wear and tear of the game.  That's why Ranger become predominant in such situations. If Ranger starts a game, he too will become tired as the second half progresses. Thus he will lose his upper hand, the physique. A more sound strategy is start with Loven and substitute him with Ranger the opponent's defender reaches fatigue. That increases Ranger's effect on the game, as we saw today and against Liverpool

I got to disagree with you. For now Ranger is first and foremost about physical presence. He's able to turnaround games because when he enters, he's fresh and rested, while the opponent defenders start to feel the wear and tear of the game.  That's why Ranger become predominant in such situations. If Ranger starts a game, he too will become tired as the second half progresses. Thus he will lose his upper hand, the physique. A more sound strategy is start with Loven and substitute him with Ranger the opponent's defender reaches fatigue. That increases Ranger's effect on the game, as we saw today and against Liverpool

I do understand that he;s an impact player,but who else do we have, I mean are we seriosuly gonna stick with Lovenkrands???

Mayve Ben Arfa could work as a support striker???