Leon Best

Godot

Guest neesy111

He should be in the lone striker role as he looks for ball most of the time and is likely to do something with it unlike that useless waste of space Shola.

Guest neesy111

Good enough as back-up, nothing more.

This.  He should be 4th choice.  We need a 3rd choice striker as well if we are to have any depth upfront.

I think some are overly harsh on best. Doesnt help him one bit play beside ameobi. Having to do the work of two forwards. Looks much better when beside ba.

Even when he's next to Ba he's not getting enough goals, he's not good enough to start.

Guest neesy111

I think some are overly harsh on best. Doesnt help him one bit play beside ameobi. Having to do the work of two forwards. Looks much better when beside ba.

1 goal in 4 months.

Thought he had a decent enough first half. Completely trailed away in the second half though which could be down to where he was playing in the system tbf.

Should have scored the chance he had. Unlucky.

10 months? So your including the summer and the last month or 2 of last season when he was injured?

Didn't he go more than a year between his last league goal for Coventry and his first for us?  Or do you want me to say he went more than 9 months because 3 months weren't during a season?

Edit

28th November 2009 for Ceventry against QPR until 5th Jan 2011 when he scored 3 against West Ham, he did score a goal in the FA Cup for Coventry on 12th Jan 2010

Guest neesy111

10 months? So your including the summer and the last month or 2 of last season when he was injured?

Didn't he go more than a year between his last league goal for Coventry and his first for us?  Or do you want me to say he went more than 9 months because 3 months weren't during a season?

Apart from 2 purple spells here, he's been generally very poor and if we have top 7 aspirations then him or Shola should not even be backup to Ba and Cisse.

Apart from 2 purple spells here, he's been generally very poor and if we have top 7 aspirations then him or Shola should not even be backup to Ba and Cisse.

He went 24 league games he played in between his last for Coventry and his first for us.

Guest neesy111

He went 24 league games he played in between his last for Coventry and his first for us.

Yeah.  He's done better than I thought he would, but he is a championship striker at best.

Edit

28th November 2009 for Ceventry against QPR until 5th Jan 2011 when he scored 3 against West Ham, he did score a goal in the FA Cup for Coventry on 12th Jan 2010

Just annoyed me because this season it's actually more like 4 in 5 months. He got 2 against fulham at the end of august and scored against villa and qpr. Anyway i think Leon is the least of our worries as he contributes to the team is his overall play. Should have been played upfront in the last few games not out on the left wing.

Guest neesy111

Edit

Just annoyed me because this season it's actually more like 4 in 5 months. He got 2 against fulham at the end of august and scored against villa and qpr. Anyway i think Leon is the least of our worries as he contributes to the team is his overall play. Should have been played upfront in the last few games not out on the left wing.

His job is to score goals, who else is going to get them in Ba's absence.  He has 1 goal in the last 4 months here, shocking record.