Leon Best

Godot

Guest VaVaVoom

Expect him to get at least 10 goals in all comps next season. He'll be important for the European ties.

At times he looks like he can offer something like. Good hold up play, good skill and can finish. I'd definitely keep him.

Between him and Shola, if one had to start it would be Best every time, but if there was 20-30 minutes to go in a game and you needed a goal or someone to help see the game out I'd pick Shola.

Can't disagree too much with that. To be honest I wouldn't be against Best starting against Chelsea/City.

Between him and Shola, if one had to start it would be Best every time, but if there was 20-30 minutes to go in a game and you needed a goal or someone to help see the game out I'd pick Shola.

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Will be a good signing for Villa. Holds the ball up well and has good feet. Has a great attitude & seems a top lad. If he leaves I thank him for helping us stay up last season, and wish him all the best ;)

Guest WashyGeordie

I actually thought he was going to stay, even though he's been injured for half the season, just because he'd make a decent rotation striker especially in the Europa/cup matches.

Which begs the question, are we bringing in a new striker?

Guest WashyGeordie

How much would his valuation be I wonder?

I'd take what we paid for him (£2mil?), and if we got abit more, even better.

I actually thought he was going to stay, even though he's been injured for half the season, just because he'd make a decent rotation striker especially in the Europa/cup matches.

If Best leaves we will have to, but quite frankly i expect us to replace him with someone young from the championship rather than an unknown cheap European forward.

Guest WashyGeordie

If Best leaves we will have to, but quite frankly i expect us to replace him with someone young from the championship rather than an unknown cheap European forward.

Aye i hope we atleast look at Jordon Rhodes. 71 goals in 122 games for Huddersfield and still only 22.  :cheesy:

Guthrie would be a good signing for Villa, but unless they are expecting to lose players I cannot really see how his situation would be any diferent than it is here?

They have Ireland and Bannan (if he's not on the wing), aswell as Gardner who has looked promising.

People also seem to be forgetting that Ba and Cisse will be off the ACN again in January which would leave us with Ameobi!!!!!!!!!

I think we need another striker even if Best stays. Ignoring ranger, who's next after the 4 current first team ones? Assuming Xisco ain't coming back

Would actually like Best to stay. He is decent backup imo and he is really likeable so I would be a bit disappointed if he does go. Having said that, I guess we could easily find a replacement for him (maybe a couple of up and coming players from the Championship?).