Is this now our most mental season ever?

Interpolic
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

- Beating Villa 6 nowt in our first home match back in the Premier League, and the poetic justice associated with it.

- The Ben Arfa saga, he scores a peach to win us the game at Everton and then breaks his leg at Man City.

- The emergence of Cheick Tiote, an absolutely outstanding player that we've been crying out for for years.

- The performances and goals of Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan - I remember seasons when our top scorer got about 6 goals.

- Winning 4-3 at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup.

- Beating the mackems 5-1 in a game where you couldn't be prouder of Chris Hughton and this "group of lads".

- Thoroughly outplaying Arsenal at their own ground and winning the game 1-0.

- Getting hammered 5-1 at the Reebok.

- Hughton getting binned, Pardew coming in.

- Stuffing West Ham, Leon Best scoring a fucking hatrick ffs.

- On that note, 3 different players scoring hatricks in one season for us, a first in my lifetime as far as I know.

- Drawing bloody Stevenage in the Cup, and actually getting beat off them this time ffs.

- Listening to the foolish boasts and predictions of the mackems for weeks on end once again.  Turning up at their ground and outplaying them, throwing it away at the end.

- Selling Andy Carroll for 35 million pounds.  Whatever your thoughts on this, this was unimaginable 12 months ago.

- Andy Carroll living with Kevin Nolan.  His car getting torched.  "Ride iz, ride iz".  "Like a meercat".  Etc, etc.

- Today.  Entertainment-wise, "story"-wise, atmosphere-wise, etc, probably an even better game than the 4-3 at Anfield in 1996.

Feel free to add your own, either now or as we go.

It's only 5th February but my vote is a resounding "yes".

Even by our high standards it has indeed been ridiculous. All the crazy results on the pitch coupled with the goings on behind the scenes... and all that as a club who has just got promoted.

This club is insane in the brain.

the relegation season was mental albeit for differing reasons. i don't think we'll ever be a normal club, everything's always bonkers, but at least we're not boring.

I reckon that season rivalled this season in terms of off-the-pitch events.

On the pitch this season has been more exciting, surprising and eventful, hands-down.

Nowhere near it. This one is a walk in the park to at least 7 of the 10 seasons in the 80s never mind the late 70s. Before that? Fuck knows.

Nowhere near it. This one is a walk in the park to at least 7 of the 10 seasons in the 80s never mind the late 70s. Before that? Fuck knows.

Well, you should vote then because the poll currently stands at 21-0 in favour of "yes".

Admittedly I can't comment on anything before the early 90s because of my age.

This has been an insane season. I think for me personally the best way to sum it upis that I've never been so Proud of my club yet at the same time so ashamed at the people running it.

Not as memorable, but also chapters in this season saga:

- James Perch in the PL

- Arsenal away and Liverpool home wins

- 10m N'Zogbia bid!!

I've mentioned the Emirates, but otherwise yeah - good 'uns.

- Enrique joins Twitter / Facebook.

- Ranger gets a stupid tattoo on his lip, and is then rightly regarded in a similar vein to a paedophile-killer-terrorist who is good friends with Jedward by many posters on here.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Not as memorable, but also chapters in this season saga:

- James Perch in the PL

- Arsenal away and Liverpool home wins

- 10m N'Zogbia bid!!

And then the "Oh, no?  Well then how about 12m?" N'Zogbia bid

Were we really trying to get Thierry Henry here on loan last week? The commentator said so on MOTD at the beginning of the match but that wasn't on my radar at all last week? If we had have done that, it would have been totally mental.

i've been watching newcastle for 20 years now and watched hundreds of games. this season has for me contained the 2 best games i have ever seen. 5-1 mackems and arsenal today

it's been a mental season in general not just us.

That's very true, when you think about how random some of the results this season have been right across the board. The only consistent thing really has been Manchester United, until this evening.