West Brom sack Di Matteo; appoint Woy

ponsaelius

Zolton himself thinks Mulumbu is better than Wor Cheick.

Don't mis quote me, I said we looked at both, we chose Mulumbu, who i still believe will be a good player.

To be fair you did say Mulumbu was better, I told you at the time there was no point in trying to argue to the point because it was an argument you would never "win" on a Newcastle forum.

As for managers, if it was thought Di Matteo didn't have the experience to turn it round I don't think Hughton would be your man. Allardyce wouldn't work for you lot either imo.

To be absolutly fair, i think I said the club felt that Mulumbu was the better option, I favour going for Derek Mcinnes from St Johnstone, played for us 2001-2003, bit of a folk hero for us.

Zolton himself thinks Mulumbu is better than Wor Cheick.

Don't mis quote me, I said we looked at both, we chose Mulumbu, who i still believe will be a good player.

To be fair you did say Mulumbu was better, I told you at the time there was no point in trying to argue to the point because it was an argument you would never "win" on a Newcastle forum.

As for managers, if it was thought Di Matteo didn't have the experience to turn it round I don't think Hughton would be your man. Allardyce wouldn't work for you lot either imo.

To be absolutly fair, i think I said the club felt that Mulumbu was the better option, I favour going for Derek Mcinnes from St Johnstone, played for us 2001-2003, bit of a folk hero for us.

99% sure you didn't but I can't be arsed to look :lol:

Well some of your predictions were a bit optomistic (0-6), thought Cambell looked an absolute liability, apart from Carrolls hand ball assist, he did nothing, I'm sure you will be okay though, funny old division this Premiership. :celb:

How much did you pay for Tchoyi, Osaze, and Mulumbu? All very good signings at what I would surmise were very good prices.

Odemwingie was about £2 million, Mulumbu and Tchoyi less than a million, we were after Tiote who looks decent, but I think Mulumbu is better.

Guest Ridzuan

I find the decision a little bit perplexing to be honest. But I dont think the team spirit in the WBA camp is as good as us when Hughton was being sacked. They are definitely going to struggle until the end of the season. But somehow i got the strange feeling that Chris Hughton will be their next manager.

Mulumbu has been our best player this season, scored some great goals as well as the holding midfield role, I think you will find he is better! :coolsmiley:

;)

Banged to rights, fair cop, LOL, time will tell who is the  better!

It's odd to sack a manager a week after the transfer window closes though,isn't it?

Rumours he lost the dressing room, general feeling we should have been more active in the transfer window, missed out on Carew through dallying, normal shit.

So why not do this 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I think the feeling was do it now and give ourselves a chance of avoiding the drop, truth is, the whole club and fans are weary of yo-yoing, ultimately, every yo-yo eventually ends up just dangling on the end of piece of string.

He got them promoted, surely he should be given some time to turn things around. Even if they get relegated again, doesn't the fact that he got them promoted mean something?

Everyone was disgusted with Hughtons treatment, but its a results driven business, so I suppose time ran out for him, only our fourth manager in 11 years.