West Brom sack Di Matteo; appoint Woy

ponsaelius

Not entirely unexpected, lacked the experience to turn things around, used to a winning team only I suppose, Chris Hughton is being touted as a possible replacement along with fat Sam, what do you think?

Allardyce would be a safe bet but I don't think they'll go with him. The team isn't set up for him and we all know the stubborn cunt would play percentage hoofball with WBA's team.

Hughton would be interesting, although again I doubt they'll risk it.

Not entirely unexpected, lacked the experience to turn things around, used to a winning team only I suppose, Chris Hughton is being touted as a possible replacement along with fat Sam, what do you think?

Fat Sam would make sense, Hughton would take you down imo. He'd need time and with him never facing a relegation battle before I think he'd find it tough. IMO WBA were playing the better football last season under RDm than we were under CH as well.

Sam Allardyce would be a disaster. He only knows how to play one way and is an ego-maniac who never does any thing wrong. Don't think you'd be suited to playing his long ball football either.

Hughton is a great man manager though and will probably build up the belief in your players.

They play nice stuff but they're shit at the back. Unless the new bloke is a player manager defender, its a bit pointless doing it now. Didn't one of their fans reckon they passed over Tiote to get whoever DM they got?

They play nice stuff but they're shit at the back. Unless the new bloke is a player manager defender, its a bit pointless doing it now. Didn't one of their fans reckon they passed over Tiote to get whoever DM they got?

they were linked with him too, don't know how seriously

correct me if i'm wrong but don't wba not let their manager handle transfers anymore and he just the head coach? makes getting anyone in difficult

Yes thats right, the technical director provides a range of players, the manager and the technical director then decide who to go for, they then try to do the deal, not everyones cup of tea.

correct me if i'm wrong but don't wba not let their manager handle transfers anymore and he just the head coach? makes getting anyone in difficult

Yes thats right, the technical director provides a range of players, the manager and the technical director then decide who to go for, they then try to do the deal, not everyones cup of tea.

European system, works for us.

Zolton himself thinks Mulumbu is better than Wor Cheick.

They play nice stuff but they're s*** at the back. Unless the new bloke is a player manager defender, its a bit pointless doing it now. Didn't one of their fans reckon they passed over Tiote to get whoever DM they got?

they were linked with him too, don't know how seriously

Thats correct, Tiotes doing very well for you, so is Mulumbu for us, but he is young and we need a manager who can set a defence,Mowbray and RDM could'nt do that.

then you can rule out mon or fat sam they won't work under that

had a glance at wba zone and not happy with the chairman atm

Don't mis quote me, I said we looked at both, we chose Mulumbu, who i still believe will be a good player.

I think Mulumbu is a really good player, think Tiote is way ahead of him though, but he's way ahead of most in his position this season.

I am surprised at the reaction to this. WBA have been on an awful run, were they not top 5 or 6 a couple of months ago?

http://i.imgur.com/ktiXc.gif

1W1D7L in their last 9.  This isn't a blip it's a malaise.

I am surprised at the reaction to this. WBA have been on an awful run, were they not top 5 or 6 a couple of months ago?

http://i.imgur.com/ktiXc.gif

1W1D7L in their last 8.  This isn't a blip it's a malaise.

:doh:

Guest Heneage

They tried to sign Tiote this summer, they signed Mulumbu in 2009. This 'we chose Mulumbu' makes no sense if you still bid for Tiote.

As for West Brom's situation it seems harsh to blame it on Di Matteo, I think placing him on gardening leave is also weird unless they've plans to add him to the scouting network.

Don't mis quote me, I said we looked at both, we chose Mulumbu, who i still believe will be a good player.

To be fair you did say Mulumbu was better, I told you at the time there was no point in trying to argue to the point because it was an argument you would never "win" on a Newcastle forum.

As for managers, if it was thought Di Matteo didn't have the experience to turn it round I don't think Hughton would be your man. Allardyce wouldn't work for you lot either imo.

They tried to sign Tiote this summer, they signed Mulumbu in 2009. This 'we chose Mulumbu' makes no sense if you still bid for Tiote.

As for West Brom's situation it seems harsh to blame it on Di Matteo, I think placing him on gardening leave is also weird unless they've plans to add him to the scouting network.

He'll be on gardening leave so they can spread his pay off while his contract is run down rather than giving him the money in one go.  They may also try to negotiate a smaller one off payment.