Laurent Robert

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His goal against Liverpool in the cup was one of the sweetest free kicks I've ever seen hit. He must have been a good 35 yards out with that.

No matter where he was, he had a pop, and most of the time he tested the keeper. I remember him scoring direct from a corner once as well :lol:

Was thinking that, can't remember a corner. For me his best free-kick was the one at Derby at 0-2 down. We'd just hit a bad spell, Leeds & Chelsea were closing the gap on us, then bang, he scored that and we scored two offside goals late on and got our season back on track. :lol:

Was that the year Blackburn beat Spurs in the final? Or was that the following season? We really were inches away that season from being well on the way to a cup double looking back.

The day we beat SMB with the Dabizas goal was the same day as that final, iirc.

You've imagined that.

I'm sure it happened. Someone else may have got a slight touch on the line, but I'm sure he swung a corner in and it curled round, went through a crowd of players and went in. Carling Cup match at SJP. Possibly Norwich.

I think I can vaguely remember him hitting the post or the bar or something from a corner once where it looked like he'd tried to score, but I can't remember him ever scoring.

I think I can vaguely remember him hitting the post or the bar or something from a corner once where it looked like he'd tried to score, but I can't remember him ever scoring.

I think that was the Spurs game at home, when we got beat 1-0.

Atouba winner? I was there, don't remember it. 

Atouba winner? I was there, don't remember it. 

Poyet I think. I'm sure Robson also played 3-5-2.

Why?

Ginola was more skilful than Robert, not that I've ever had a problem with Robert.  I just think Ginola was the easier to watch.

i found Robert pretty frustrating to watch most of time like, he was either doing something brilliant or standing on the half way line with his hands on his hips