Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

Im slightly drunk and slightly mad i cant quote on my phone. but im slightly upset that some people seem to think hesa completely clueless guy who will stroll around and pick up his paycheck. even if his touch isnt always silky and the finishing will leave a lot to be desired for he will always chase and fight for EVERY ball.i just hope u dont completely judge him before he plays becouse i really think he'll win people over.

I'm embarrassed that NUFC have been forced to stoop this low.

I agree, I'm particularly livid since we've never, ever made emergency signings of this nature before.

Other than Pancrate, Bernard, Lovenkrands, Ronny Johnsen, Diatta, Srnicek, Sibbers (althoug he was more of a panic buy free signing). All were considered past it or embarassing signings. All did a job when we were in tight spots.

People need to get a grip, untwist their knickers and realise Kuqui hasn't been brought in as our saviour. The fact we shouldn't be in this postion isn't being disputed. The fact is we are he is the best of a bad bunch available to us.

This gives Ranger and Best a chance they shouldn't really have had. Our team is more dependant on the service the strikers get right now. If we keep building on what we have been doing this year we could stick Pardew up front and he will bury a couple.

We will be paying him peanuts and he will be extremely motivated by this chance. He will serve his purpose until the end of the season.

Other than Pancrate, Bernard, Lovenkrands, Ronny Johnsen, Diatta, Srnicek, Sibbers (althoug he was more of a panic buy free signing). All were considered past it or embarassing signings. All did a job when we were in tight spots.

People need to get a grip, untwist their knickers and realise Kuqui hasn't been brought in as our saviour. The fact we shouldn't be in this postion isn't being disputed. The fact is we are he is the best of a bad bunch available to us.

This gives Ranger and Best a chance they shouldn't really have had. Our team is more dependant on the service the strikers get right now. If we keep building on what we have been doing this year we could stick Pardew up front and he will bury a couple.

We will be paying him peanuts and he will be extremely motivated by this chance. He will serve his purpose until the end of the season.

Bernard didn't even play when he came back.  :lol:

Bernard didn't even play when he came back.  :lol:

But he played his part Mick, he played his part! :)

Christ, I know 08-09 was relegated, but that 06-07 is the wankest squad I've seen us with in the Premier League era. 

06-07 was an awful squad. 08-09 wasn't that bad a squad just full of mercenaries which has been well doucmented on this board mnay times

Calling Sibierski's season with us 'crap' is extremely harsh imo.

He was better than expected but still crap.

Really? I thought he was very good, and put a lot of the more high profile members of the squad to shame.

Did a really good job in Europe and scored a few goals in the league too.

Calling Sibierski's season with us 'crap' is extremely harsh imo.

He was better than expected but still crap.

Really? I thought he was very good, and put a lot of the more high profile members of the squad to shame.

Agree

He played a part in 26 games in which we averaged less than a goal a game in which time he scored 3 goals, 1 a very good goal in Europe.  He tried but was limited, his commitment can't be questioned.

He played a part in 26 games in which we averaged less than a goal a game in which time he scored 3 goals, 1 a very good goal in Europe.  He tried but was limited, his commitment can't be questioned.

3 in 14 starts in the league.

4 in 8 starts in Europe.

1 in 1 start in the LC.

Played in both midfield and upfront and gave 100% every time he played. He was never a worldbeater but he won the fans over come the end of the season.

4 in 8 starts in Europe.

1 in 1 start in the LC.

Played in both midfield and upfront and gave 100% every time he played. He was never a worldbeater but he won the fans over come the end of the season.

I've just had a quick check, he scored against Fenerbahce and I'd forgotten about that one, I only remembered him getting 1 in Europe but you're right about him getting 4.

4 in 8 starts in Europe.

1 in 1 start in the LC.

I've just had a quick check, he scored against Fenerbahce and I'd forgotten about that one, I only remembered him getting 1 in Europe but you're right about him getting 4.

Of course I'm right.

Just think about our striking force!!! Ameobi(injured), Best(injured), Lovenkrands, Ranger and Kuqi!!! That canb't be far from the worst ever :iamatwat:

I'd rather have Kuqi than Michael Owen.

Yep me too...at least Kuqi is gives his all for the team and is like on 1/12 of the wages Owen had

Hilarious!  He could be the new Siberski.  Kuqi probably sees this as his greatest opportunity/experience in his career and for that reason he will work his socks off. He will be proud as hell when pull on the famous jersey.  And for that reason, combined with the fact that he's almost free, I welcome him. We've had enough players that couldn't care less about the club. Kuqi is not one of them.

He always does...I love his attitude and you'll never see him jogging around the pitch looking totally disinterested a la Shola style! He's a model professional indeed and it will be shown.

Someone mentioned that the club have never ever done a signing like this...hmmm what was Sibierski then? Exactly like this one!

Good, I can accept that players have defects, as long as their work ethic is good. That's probably why I love Jonas.