How much will we spend this summer (should we stay up :))? NET

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Tall Striker

Pavlychenko in.

Rather not.

Turning your nose up at a Champions league player?

Pavlychenko 10m

Bentdner 10m

Elmander Free

Grant Holt 5m

Krankjar 5m

Keep the rest of the squad as it is and we'd be pushing Europa League next year.

I think Enrique and Tiote will be sold. We'll get about £20m for the pair of them so add that on to the £35m from Carroll means we'll be going some to spend anything (net) this summer.

£55m in and perhaps £15m out to replace the three of them. One or two Bosmans, one or two loans in to pad the squad out and everyone's a winner. Especially Ashley.

Going by the noises made by the people who 'run' the club, this is what I expect to happen too.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

15-20 million spent and 2-5 million worth of sales.

Unless ashley decides to abandon ship and sell. Then we're ass fucked again and will spend nothing.

Pavlychenko in.

Rather not.

Turning your nose up at a Champions league player?

Pavlychenko 10m

Bentdner 10m

Elmander Free

Grant Holt 5m

Krankjar 5m

Keep the rest of the squad as it is and we'd be pushing Europa League next year.

:idiot2: :idiot2:

Guest Tall Striker

I am assuming that is not a serious post.

This is the bloke that told Sky Sports that we were going to win the league when Owen signed. Assume nothing :lol:

6 years and people haven't grasped the concept of sarcasm.

Anyway, there's not a player in that list that wouldn't significantly improve what we have in the team.

As already mentioned, keeping Enrique, Barton and Tiote must be first priority. I don't want any big signings, because of the risk involved. For example, it was mentioned that if we buy two players costing £7.5 millions each, and give them both a contract worth £50 000 a week, then all the money for Carroll's sale will be gone after a lousy four years. Consequently, the room for error is pretty limited when investing heavily in few players. Therefore, I rather want us to repeat the recipe of Tiote. Scout Europe, be patient, and do not buy before we find players that fit the bill: young, promising, hard working and a mind that goes with the rest of the group. A strong advantage with buying players other countries is that they're not on high salaries. Instead of forking out a shitload of money   without correlated proof on the pitch (typical for the average pl-players), we let them have a go, and renegotiate the contract if they do well. Also, if we buy smart, we can afford mistakes. Tiote is now worth at least 10 times the sum we bought him for. If we sell him (god forbid) we can make 7-8 mistakes on the market, before we have to strike gold again. Also, another danger in investing heavily in few players is the danger of being overly dependent on them. Liverpool paid Cole a huge sign on fee, and a handsome weekly pay. But a single player cannot cary a team alone. Therefore it is in my opinion better to buy three four "low maintenance" players that in sum will improve the squad to a greater degree than one individual. That will also cover us in case of injuries.  Conclusion: If MA listen to me, heaven is the limit for NUFC :)

If the club had no other desire than to appease those clamouring for significant "net spend" then it would be quite easy to big up "undisclosed" transfer fees and appear to have achieved their objective.

Truth is , as many have already said, that the real test will be improving the squad and bringing in better players. That has to be the aim - not just appearing to be big spenders. However significant investment will be necessary.

It's easy to fool people with big transfer fees and newspaper headlines, and historically we've been more gullible than most, but we can't be fooled by what we see on the pitch and that is where we must get it right.

I think Enrique and Tiote will be sold. We'll get about £20m for the pair of them so add that on to the £35m from Carroll means we'll be going some to spend anything (net) this summer.

£55m in and perhaps £15m out to replace the three of them. One or two Bosmans, one or two loans in to pad the squad out and everyone's a winner. Especially Ashley.

Howay, we'll get more than £20 million for the pair of them. Will be gutted if we sell them though - would be testament to the lack of ambition from the owners.

Guest Roger Kint

If we are 4 players(or more if they fancy) better off in terms of number and quality them i will be very happy, irrespective of cost

Guest EastEndGeordie

Realistically-

Out- Tiote, Enrique, Campbell, Routledge, Xisco

In- Elmander and more freebies

What makes that so realistic? Tiote and Enrique aren't going to be getting better offers, they'll just end up as benchwarmers like Bassong has and tbh I don't think there is any concrete proof for them to be leaving other than the sale of Andy Carroll who if I recall was a women-beating scumbag and those type of people IIRC aren't exactly the most loyal of souls.

Howay, we'll get more than £20 million for the pair of them. Will be gutted if we sell them though - would be testament to the lack of ambition from the owners.

OK then £25m. More money in the bank.

The Vile Owner will look at things and think

1.  we finished in mid table even tho everyone had us set for the drop

2.  lots of evidence that the high wages/fees are buggering other clubs

3.   we're getting gates up to 51,000 when the rest of the dross are getting 24,000 = we have a significant cash flow advantage

4.   steady as she goes -

5.  no big buys that will inflate the wage bill

6.  sell anyone if £ 15 mm is offered

7.  buy some cover at <£ 10mm

8.  Aim to finish top 7 which will keep the credulous fools on the terraces in a state of hope

9.  pray economic situation turns round and a buyer turns up

As already mentioned, keeping Enrique, Barton and Tiote must be first priority. I don't want any big signings, because of the risk involved. For example, it was mentioned that if we buy two players costing £7.5 millions each, and give them both a contract worth £50 000 a week, then all the money for Carroll's sale will be gone after a lousy four years. Consequently, the room for error is pretty limited when investing heavily in few players. Therefore, I rather want us to repeat the recipe of Tiote. Scout Europe, be patient, and do not buy before we find players that fit the bill: young, promising, hard working and a mind that goes with the rest of the group. A strong advantage with buying players other countries is that they're not on high salaries. Instead of forking out a shitload of money  without correlated proof on the pitch (typical for the average pl-players), we let them have a go, and renegotiate the contract if they do well. Also, if we buy smart, we can afford mistakes. Tiote is now worth at least 10 times the sum we bought him for. If we sell him (god forbid) we can make 7-8 mistakes on the market, before we have to strike gold again. Also, another danger in investing heavily in few players is the danger of being overly dependent on them. Liverpool paid Cole a huge sign on fee, and a handsome weekly pay. But a single player cannot cary a team alone. Therefore it is in my opinion better to buy three four "low maintenance" players that in sum will improve the squad to a greater degree than one individual. That will also cover us in case of injuries.  Conclusion: If MA listen to me, heaven is the limit for NUFC :)

Not the worst idea put forward on this board, you'll be accused of accepting the club's lack of ambition though.