How much will we spend this summer (should we stay up :))? NET

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

There seems to be some descrepencies as to whether the Carroll fee will be re-invested as solely transfer fees or a combination of fees and wages.

If Carroll had stayed does this mean we wouldnt have spent in the summer? I reckon a second season in the premiership should warrnt a larger outlay than last season, maybe up to 15 million?

I am after net spend eg, if we sell players for 15 million and spend 15 million our net outlay is 0 (Zero)

With this in mind i would also like to know what you would do:

For me it would be:

OUT

Loven 500k

Smith 500k

Guthrie 1 million

Routledge 1.5 million

Best 1 million

4.5 million

IN

Wickham 8 million

Gervinho 12 million

Elmander FREE

Samba 5 million

Morrison (wba) 5 million

30 million

So an outlay of 25.5 million

I know this is very champ manager but its fun  :celb:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

There seems to be some descrepencies as to whether the Carroll fee will be re-invested as solely transfer fees or a combination of fees and wages.

If Carroll had stayed does this mean we wouldnt have spent in the summer? I reckon a second season in the premiership should warrnt a larger outlay than last season, maybe up to 15 million?

I am after net spend eg, if we sell players for 15 million and spend 15 million our net outlay is 0 (Zero)

With this in mind i would also like to know what you would do:

For me it would be:

OUT

Loven 500k

Smith 500k

Guthrie 1 million

Routledge 1.5 million

Best 1 million

4.5 million

IN

Wickham 8 million

Gervinho 12 million

Elmander FREE

Samba 5 million

Morrison (wba) 5 million

30 million

So an outlay of 25.5 million

I know this is very champ manager but its fun  :celb:

No one's gonna buy Smith or Loven

There's no discrepancy.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Andy-Carroll-sale-Andy-Pardew-admits-players-disillusioned-disappointed-but-says-35m-fee-will-be-spent-on-new-faces-article687347.html

The fee is enormous. I have had no chance to spend it. We have to make sure we spend it correctly in the summer. There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees and wages.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Have a bit of fun lads, stop concentrating on figures and put your own opinions in

:

Add negative values as well if you want scrooge, i i i mean Dave :)

Have a bit of fun lads, stop concentrating on figures and put your own opinions in

:

Isn't that the whole idea of the thread? :lol:

Anyway, having voted I can only surmise that loads of people see Ashley selling up before the start of next season. Massively deluded if not.

Still very unsure what numbers + quality we'd get in if we're front loading 5 years worth of wages. 

We need a lot though.  Guessing we'll continue to swoop for prospects from Ligue 1+La Liga.  Do your magic, scouting team :undecided:

Voted 25-30 regardless. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

:

Isn't that the whole idea of the thread? :lol:

Anyway, having voted I can only surmise that loads of people see Ashley selling up before the start of next season. Massively deluded if not.

I mean stop concentrating on posters values and put your own hat in the ring :)

Out:

Xisco - Whatever someone will offer for him.

Perch - £750k ish.

Campbell - Free

Routledge - £1-2 million. Won't accept being a bench warmer.

In:

A versatile defender that can act as cover for RB and LB - No more than £2 million.

A winger to challenge/replace Jonas - Up to £10 million.

Target man to replace Best - Nothing too much, but proven quality in a top league.

A poacher to bang them in - Up to £10 million.

Our defence is good enough for one more season in the PL, just need cover for the full back positions.

The midfield is pretty good for a low-mid table side like us. Jonas isn't good enough though and we need someone to give him a kick up the arse or to replace him.

Desperate for at least 1 striker, but i'd like to see 2 new faces being brought in.

We should spend around £18-£25 million on the areas mentioned imo and upgrade our wage cap for key players then give Tiote, Enrique and Barton new contracts.

This summer is going to define more than any other the Mike Ashely regime, we need two high quality forwards  before we even consider any other positions. Carroll replacement plus strike partner, had we kept Carroll we would have still needed to bring a strike partner for him  during the summmer to give us options and carry some of the burden.

If we sign a journey man to partner Ameobi or Best/Ranger then it's going to be obvious that Ashely intends to run us as a mid table cash generator developing assets like Carroll, Tiote, Enrique then cashing in when the big bucks come. I know this is all obvious and been said before but I do harbour a slight (very slight) hope that Ash might splash the cash this summer and bring in the three to four players we need to really give us a chance.

We are a few key signings away from having a really strong first 11, if we can hold onto players like Tiote and Enrique and Colo while bringing in a strike force that can profit from the service they will get we could be lethal.

Barton, Enrique & Tiote will all get new deals. Pards will say this is from his transfer pot. They club will spend around £35 million on wages & transfers for new player + re-signings. The mega wonga from the TV money will not be used at all.