How much will we spend this summer (should we stay up :))? NET

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I expect either Enrique or Tiote to go for £8-10 million and we'll spend around £10 million. We'll no doubt be scouring the globe for freebie transfers like Gosling.

The Carroll money will most likely vanish into fat air.

Uh-huh.

Still very unsure what numbers + quality we'd get in if we're front loading 5 years worth of wages. 

We need a lot though.  Guessing we'll continue to swoop for prospects from Ligue 1+La Liga.  Do your magic, scouting team :undecided:

Voted 25-30 regardless. 

meh. 

Just looking at my post up there and nothing's changed really. I'm not an Ashley believer despite what some people might think, I just won't accept greedy players trying to use the owners as cover for their ambitions to leave the club. Not even Enrique who has been probably my favourite Newcastle player in the last three years.

I think we'll make signings still, but I don't think they'll be of the standard they should be. I wouldn't mind if we took a punt on Shane Long though. At least he's the right type of forward if a risk at the top level.

There seems to be some descrepencies as to whether the Carroll fee will be re-invested as solely transfer fees or a combination of fees and wages.

There's no discrepancy.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Andy-Carroll-sale-Andy-Pardew-admits-players-disillusioned-disappointed-but-says-35m-fee-will-be-spent-on-new-faces-article687347.html

The fee is enormous. I have had no chance to spend it. We have to make sure we spend it correctly in the summer. There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees and wages.

*And boreholes.

:lol:

How many people voted "we'll make a profit"? :lol:

I did

I went for 5-10 million, get in there

When the enrique sale goes through and a last day 22m for tiote to arsenal/chelsea we'll be well in the black. all hail the bottom line.

Guest Antec

How many people voted "we'll make a profit"? :lol:

I did

I went for 5-10 million, get in there

When the enrique sale goes through and a last day 22m for tiote to arsenal/chelsea we'll be well in the black. all hail the bottom line.

Might be worth giving the bottom line its own song/chant :lol: