How much will we spend this summer (should we stay up :))? NET

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets say we sell Tiote for £25m and sign 3-4 'replacement' players to bolster the squad for £10-15m.

Net spend is - £10m. Arguably the club could be improved over the long term. Similarly, the loss of Tiote could be of greater impact than the benefit of the 4 replacements so we've lost out overall.

I think Maddy and Indi are pointing out that £££ does not = success/improvement.

have we learned nothing ?

the ammount we spend is pointless if we don't get the right players. far better quality free bosmans than 3 or 4 luques. if we get in good quality players within our budget then i'm happy......too often we've spent beyond on players who haven't fulfilled.

let tiote be the benchmark.

What would you consider to be our budget in the summer?

For the record not one person has said they want us to sign s*** expensive players in favour of good cheap ones. Mr Straw Man rearing his head once again.

ok then. i have no idea of what we'll spend, the whole premise is fucking daft as a free transfer costing 50k per week wont be included where as a 5milltransfer fee on 30k per week would be. the idea of costing things purely on transfer fees alone is stupid and something even ardent FM'ers should grasp.

our 8mill signing for a pint still on ?

the ammount we spend is pointless if we don't get the right players. far better quality free bosmans than 3 or 4 luques. if we get in good quality players within our budget then i'm happy......too often we've spent beyond on players who haven't fulfilled.

For the record not one person has said they want us to sign s*** expensive players in favour of good cheap ones. Mr Straw Man rearing his head once again.

ok then. i have no idea of what we'll spend, the whole premise is fucking daft as a free transfer costing 50k per week wont be included where as a 5milltransfer fee on 30k per week would be. the idea of costing things purely on transfer fees alone is stupid and something even ardent FM'ers should grasp.

Yep. Thought it was 'over £8m' though. ;)

Spend isn't necessarily an indicator for success but it is no surprise that teams at the top of the league have more expernsively assembled squads than those at the bottom of the league.

We should be at least looking to make 3 signings that will directly improve the first team as well as another 2-3 for back up aside from any sales that may occur. I'm far more worried about numbers coming in rather spend.

ok then. i have no idea of what we'll spend, the whole premise is f***ing daft as a free transfer costing 50k per week wont be included where as a 5milltransfer fee on 30k per week would be. the idea of costing things purely on transfer fees alone is stupid and something even ardent FM'ers should grasp.

Yep. Thought it was 'over £8m' though. ;)

don't these things normally carry tax...is that included ?

We're not going to make any signings over about £8m at max, I hope nobody is expecting any realistic replacement for Carroll to come in.

i'll bet you a pint we make a signing of over 8million before the next transfer window is shut.

Announced (or most commonly reported) transfer fee only. O0

We're not going to make any signings over about £8m at max, I hope nobody is expecting any realistic replacement for Carroll to come in.

i'll bet you a pint we make a signing of over 8million before the next transfer window is shut.

Announced (or most commonly reported) transfer fee only. O0

on.

i'm gambling here as we do a lot of "undisclosed" transfer fees.

Lets say we sell Tiote for £25m and sign 3-4 'replacement' players to bolster the squad for £10-15m.

Net spend is - £10m. Arguably the club could be improved over the long term. Similarly, the loss of Tiote could be of greater impact than the benefit of the 4 replacements so we've lost out overall.

I think Maddy and Indi are pointing out that £££ does not = success/improvement.

Did that need pointing out?

Aren't all our fees "undisclosed" now though?

he did say "commonly reported" mind.

So he did, missed that.

Yeah, seems that way.

Paper talk/average will have to do I guess. :dontknow:

It's one of the things I like the most about how we operate now, makes things like this a big hard though.

he did say "commonly reported" mind.

So he did, missed that.

Yeah, seems that way.

Paper talk/average will have to do I guess. :dontknow:

It's one of the things I like the most about how we operate now, makes things like this a big hard though.

ooooh freudian.

I don't care as long as we improve our squad.

Yes. The whole debate about what clubs spend in the market is just a pissing contest. We've spunked big money on utter crap in the past but if we can bring in the players we need (say of the quality of Tiote) for not very much I really couldn't be arsed what our net spend is.

Yes, yes, money doesn't buy quality but the fact of the matter is, that the majority of the time, there is a direct correlation between money spent and the quality of a squad.

We've been told the money we received for Carroll will be reinvested in the squad and, imo, if the majority of the £35m isn't spent it will be a disappointment.

If we do show some ambition and spend the £35m, and spend it wisely of course, we'll be strong contenders for a top 8 finish next season  :angel:

I think Enrique and Tiote will be sold. We'll get about £20m for the pair of them so add that on to the £35m from Carroll means we'll be going some to spend anything (net) this summer.

£55m in and perhaps £15m out to replace the three of them. One or two Bosmans, one or two loans in to pad the squad out and everyone's a winner. Especially Ashley.

In an ideal world we'll invest all the Carroll money( come on don't laugh) and at least £5-10m of the season ticket and sky money and we can bring in enough quality to strengthen the whole squad and make our squad strong enough to have a go in all the competitions next season.  Be challenging for top 8 and push for a European spot if we can over achieve and also be able to have a go in the cups and not have to field the kids.  In saying that i'd still like to blood a few of them in the cups as well.