Birmingham City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/02/11 - post match reaction from p25

Dave

Wigan's was shocking a couple seasons back, worse than tonight

Wigan's usually is though, but thats more down to the DW being mainly a Rugby ground. Reading's pitch was awful as well, that was down to Rugby too. Has anyone else noticed that after Rugby games at Old Trafford that Old Trafford has a shit pitch as well?

Yeah hats off to our groundstaff, but if they can do it then so should the rest, you dont need charlie dimmock to look after a field of grass. And Wigans was absolutely shocking, but they have the excuse of the egg chasers sharing the pitch. Birminghams is either just sheer lazyness or a tactical thing.

Im still miffed as to how they are allowed to play PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL with that f***ing cow field of a pitch. It realy is shocking how one of the top 20 sides in the country cannot maintain a patch of grass for half a f***ing season.

similar to how when I often see the stadium of shite on TV, there always appears to be plastic bags and other shit floating around the pitch in an updraft.

CERN have tonight released a statement following some strange readings in Birmingham at just after 8pm. Apparently the coming together of Tiote and Coloccini has managed to achieve what the Large Hadron Collider has been trying to for the past two years. They also confirmed that tonight's events proved Chiek Tiote is pure dark matter.

:coolsmiley:

CERN have tonight released a statement after some strange readings in Birmingham at just after 8pm. Apparently the coming together of Tiote and Coloccini has managed to achieve what the Large Hadron Collider has been trying to for the past two years. They also confirmed that tonight's events proved that Chiek Tiote is pure dark matter.

:coolsmiley:

:colo:

It is very very impressive the fact that numerous Newcastle supporters travel all over England just to see their club playing! It is very respectable.

How many Newcastle has inhabitants ?

about 275,000 in the city boundaries.

..but the club draw fans from all over the NE region and beyond.

I reckon only about half regular fans are actually from Newcastle.

Oba showed why a) he was a major part of why we went down, b) why two clubs have cast him aside almost instantly and c) why he's at a club like Birmingham.

...but he's still ahead of Carroll as a Newcastle player.....according to some people..!

Oba showed why a) he was a major part of why we went down, b) why two clubs have cast him aside almost instantly and c) why he's at a club like Birmingham.

...but he's still ahead of Carroll as a Newcastle player.....according to some people..!

Show me these people, they need educating!

Show me these people, they need educating!

No names, no pack drill, but I doubt they'll admit it now...

I saw the comment last week on the site.

8 - Harper Solid save from a strong shot by Zigic, only an awkward punch where he had time to hold the ball stopped him from a faultless game.

8 - Simpson Everything he needed to defensively he did. Only remember Bentley being able to cut in and shoot once or twice the whole game.

7.5 - Williamson Kept Zigic pretty quiet but thought he rushed has passing too often tonight.

7.5 - Colo Didn't lose Martins and kept a good line all game. However on set peices he let Johnson have two free headers on goal that fortunately weren't converted. Has to do better.

7.5 - Enrique Lost possession being too cool a few times tonight but otherwise did well.

7.5 Barton's set pieces weren't fantastic tonight and I can't remember any moment of real quality. was an experienced head when we grinded the game out.

7.5 Tiote wasn't as involved as usual as it looked like Birmingham tried to play around him. Good whenever he got his foot on the ball and did plenty of running.

7 Nolan Rarely saw the ball and I can only remember one occasion he got the ball in the opposition's box.

8.5 Gutierrez was fantastic tonight with two good assists.. Was always an outlet for a pass and I really felt we dominated the left side of play.

8 Best won lots of headers tonight and was a physical presence the entire game. I was taken off guard by how well he did in the air against a good CB pairing. Still looks sloppy at getting behind defenders with the ball played on the deck however.

8 Lovenkrands Well taken goal and his speed was an asset tonight.

6.5 Ranger Came on and did ok. Found it annoying on one occasion towards the end where he seemingly took his eye off the ball as Barton ran down the wing meaning he wasn't in a good position when Joey crossed it in. Needs to work on his positioning

Great performance by our lot. We passed them of the muddy park. No passengers tonight. Of particular note was Best winning everything in the air, we dominated the midfield and got at them down both flanks well. the big away end was impressively packed and noisy for a cold wet Tuesday night. I ended up on my arse in the aisle so great was the crowd surge for the second goal much to the amusement of all around, great fun for a change.

7 Nolan Rarely saw the ball and I can only remember one occasion he got the ball in the opposition's box.

Wow. It still amazes me how myopic some people can be :undecided:

Our Fans:

8 - Had something to cheer about, heard the "Just Can't Get Enough" ditty about Nolan and the mackems which was funny.

I couldn't make out what they were singing?

What was it?

One time Kevin Nolan put the ball in the mackem net

He just can't get enough, he just can't get enough

Two times Kevin Nolan put the ball in the mackem net

He just can't get enough, he just can't get enough

Three times Kevin Nolan put the ball in the mackem net

He just can't seem to get enough of it DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO!

Think it might have gone up to 4 times, but it's quite inventive. Well done to the lads who made it up :lol:

8 - Harper Solid save from a strong shot by Zigic, only an awkward punch where he had time to hold the ball stopped him from a faultless game.

8 - Simpson Everything he needed to defensively he did. Only remember Bentley being able to cut in and shoot once or twice the whole game.

7.5 - Williamson Kept Zigic pretty quiet but thought he rushed has passing too often tonight.

7.5 - Colo Didn't lose Martins and kept a good line all game. However on set peices he let Johnson have two free headers on goal that fortunately weren't converted. Has to do better.

7.5 - Enrique Lost possession being too cool a few times tonight but otherwise did well.

7.5 Barton's set pieces weren't fantastic tonight and I can't remember any moment of real quality. was an experienced head when we grinded the game out.

7.5 Tiote wasn't as involved as usual as it looked like Birmingham tried to play around him. Good whenever he got his foot on the ball and did plenty of running.

8.5 Gutierrez was fantastic tonight with two good assists.. Was always an outlet for a pass and I really felt we dominated the left side of play.

8 Best won lots of headers tonight and was a physical presence the entire game. I was taken off guard by how well he did in the air against a good CB pairing. Still looks sloppy at getting behind defenders with the ball played on the deck however.

6.5 Ranger Came on and did ok. Found it annoying on one occasion towards the end where he seemingly took his eye off the ball as Barton ran down the wing meaning he wasn't in a good position when Joey crossed it in. Needs to work on his positioning

Not bad ratings, but I think Colo and Enrique's ratings are too high: 6.5 should do it. Together they had four serious errors that could have cost us the game, as you've already mentioned.

And Best, why did he deserve a 8? The man was practically invisible for most part of the game. The body language was horrible and he didn't pay attention. He's able to do some pretty things sometimes, but he's lack of focus irritates me. Without that goal I'm pretty sure you would have slated him. I give him 6.5 too. The other ratings are spot on though  O0

nice to see the usual europe posts after a win :lol:

I look forward to that now. Its amazing. When we lose, you see the relegation thread right at the top. When we win, you see an "optimistic" or europe thread at the top.

Highs and Lows. Never anything in between.