Pards First 11.

Crumpy Gunt

Still early days yet but Pardew has done a decent job so far as ar as I'm concerned. Tiote V stevenage being the lowest point in his tenure thus far for me. Probably the reason we aren't on 40 points already. Had a brief look and will stand corrected if the stats aren't 100%, but ....

Pardews first 11 games. 16 points F18 A13

Hughtons final 11 games. 12 points F16 A19

Bruce last 11 games. 14 points F13 A15 (Chucked that in for the unwashed fuckers to digest)

I can't think anyone would be unhappy with what has happened since he arrived. A lot of those points achieved without AC.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72950.0.html

I'd hope some of the folk who posted in this are tad embarrassed today.

Onwards and upwards - it'll be nice to see HBA, Ireland etc coming into a team that are reletively relegation free.

edit. 

Since He arrived on December 6th....

Played/Points

1 Man U 11 26

2 Arse 10 21

3 Spurs 10 21

4 Man City 11 20

5 Liverpool 12 20

6 Newcastle 11 16

7 Fulham 11 16

8 Chelsea 10 15

9 Sunderland 11 14

10 Everton 10 13

11 Bolton Wanderers 11 13

12 West Ham United 11 13

13 Aston Villa 12 13

14 Stoke City 10 12

15 Wolverhampton Wndrs 10 12

16 Birmingham City 10 12

17 Wigan Athletic 11 12

18 Blackburn Rovers 11 11

19 Blackpool 11 10

20 West Bromwich Albion 10 5

We were 13th when he took over.

We still need to get some players back from injury, plus we really need to see who he brings in the summer. He's done a decent job so far, however it's only when he has the full squad to pick from and his squad at that to really be able to make judgement on him.

Another "HAHA LOOK AT WHAT PEOPLE WERE SAYING!" post shocker.

People need to stop being so fucking petty and digging up what was said in the past. We'd all have won the lottery by now if we could see into the future.

Hughton was still young and learning though, and seemed to be learning quick. Pardew is obviosly the more experienced, and probably the better manager, but Hoots probably wasn't the finished article.

You must be well into your dotage if you thing Hughton is particularly 'young'. Pardew's younger.

Hughton was still young and learning though, and seemed to be learning quick. Pardew is obviosly the more experienced, and probably the better manager, but Hoots probably wasn't the finished article.

You must be well into your dotage if you thing Hughton is particularly 'young'. Pardew's younger.

/fwiw angry about the circumsances but wished Pards all the best somewhere in the thread Crumpy's dug up iirc

although I look daft you know what I mean, Hoots was a 'learning his trade' would have been better like

although I look daft you know what I mean, Hoots was a 'learning his trade' would have been better like

O0

It was a really odd move by the club, but they might have made a really good call. Unlike WBA, we acted early, and Pardew, rather than lose the players spirit, has if anything made them even harder to beat.

The thing about Hughton was it felt like we could start talking about the long term again, fingers crossed, now that they've settled upon an appointment they have faith in, we can finally start doing that.

There's a long way to go yet mind, and Pardew always seems to start off brightly in most if not all his managerial stints.

Still early days yet but Pardew has done a decent job so far as ar as I'm concerned. Tiote V stevenage being the lowest point in his tenure thus far for me. Probably the reason we aren't on 40 points already. Had a brief look and will stand corrected if the stats aren't 100%, but ....

Bruce last 11 games. 14 points F13 A15 (Chucked that in for the unwashed fuckers to digest)

I can't think anyone would be unhappy with what has happened since he arrived. A lot of those points achieved without AC.

Onwards and upwards - it'll be nice to see HBA, Ireland etc coming into a team that are reletively relegation free.

Non causa pro causa.  At best a false appreciation of Pardew's agency in the determination of any result; a classic case of causal oversimplification.

Even more worryingly, you show no evident understanding of the plurality of sufficient causes of a goal event in a football game.

Additionally, I have some concerns about the sample set you have chosen to use.

A much more interesting thesis would be how you think the next 11 games will go, instead of commenting only after the accident of what happens to have been. 

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I feel like putting my head in a blender when I read your posts.

Non causa pro causa.  At best a false appreciation of Pardew's agency in the determination of any result; a classic case of causal oversimplification.

Even more worryingly, you show no evident understanding of the plurality of sufficient causes of a goal event in a football game.

A much more interesting thesis would be how you think the next 11 games will go, instead of commenting only after the accident of what happens to have been.  

An even more interesting thesis would be on how you manage to still talk out of your ass when the pet shop is open.  How does enough air make it past the suffocating gerbil's backside?

People need to stop being so fucking petty and digging up what was said in the past. We'd all have won the lottery by now if we could see into the future.

If you never learn from your mistakes, how do you evolve?

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I feel like putting my head in a blender when I read your posts.

:lol:

He's pretty much right like.

I still owe you a pm don't I mate, sorry about that. Was having a nightmare at the time, read it and forgot it. Sort of prove our point like re: the impact of various personal circumstances. Very good ideas, though.

Pardew is actually younger but has more managerial experience. I don't think you can call Hughton a young

manager when people like Clough were doing it at 29 and even Fergie was late 30s.

Previous clubs never saw Hughton as managment material, rightly or wrongly.

Yup particularly those who didn't even want to give a new manager, our new manager a chance...what a bunch of buffoon.

People need to stop being so f***ing petty and digging up what was said in the past. We'd all have won the lottery by now if we could see into the future.

I can see your point but I think it's justified to show people up for their stupidity when they take an extreme view.

People need to stop being so f***ing petty and digging up what was said in the past. We'd all have won the lottery by now if we could see into the future.

I can see your point but I think it's justified to show people up for their stupidity when they take an extreme view.

The sooner that people realise that you're allowed to have an opinion and base it on whatever knowledge that you wish, the better.

Where has this rule come from that you have to wait a certain period of time before you're allowed to produce an opinion? If it was up to me, I'd delete every post that was two weeks + old. Bringing up posts from the past is just petty.

Non causa pro causa.  At best a false appreciation of Pardew's agency in the determination of any result; a classic case of causal oversimplification.

An even more interesting thesis would be on how you manage to still talk out of your ass when the pet shop is open.  How does enough air make it past the suffocating gerbil's backside?

:lol:

Can't really argue with the team's performances since Pardew took over, although whether we'd have done better or worse with Hughton I don't know.

Still can't stand the guy though, mainly because I don't trust a single word which comes out of his mouth, if only he had the quiet dignity of Hughton I would be much happier.

Guest neesy111

If you never learn from your mistakes, how do you evolve?

Correct, but you need to make those mistakes as well.