Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

We got our first season tickets that season and we always brought sweets with us for half time, and we became quite popular around us for some reason.  :rolleyes:

I always used to get offered sweets by old men when i was younger sitting behind the goal at the Gallowgate End not sure if they were just being friendly or wanted abit more in the toilets at half time.

1995 FA Cup 3rd Round v Blackburn. Rob Lee got the equaliser to take it to a replay which I think we won 2-1

"Clark scores! Oh, and Blackburn have got to do it allll over again." :smitten:

The 94/95 season review video was my first introduction to Newcastle United. The replay against Blacbkurn was the first one on the tape. Then Swansea in the next round, 3-0 (Kitson hat-trick), then Man City, 3-1, then lost at Everton in the quarter-final, where Ruel Fox missed a sitter. Ah memories.

Paul Kitson was my first Newcastle hero. He was a God going off that tape. :lol:

Juventus friendly; Hamman scored an absolute screamer, might of been his first game. That's about all I remember.

I can remember that being on TV. In the bright blue kit? Pearce got the other iirc.

Aye after a bit research that's the one, that shiny blue kit man! :lol:

Juventus friendly; Hamman scored an absolute screamer, might of been his first game. That's about all I remember.

I can remember that being on TV. In the bright blue kit? Pearce got the other iirc.

I had the full kit when i was a little'un. :aww:

Twas April 30th 1988.  Playing Oxford Utd at home.  Won 3-1.  Can't remember much about the actual game itself but we won which all that mattered to this 10yr old!  Don't remember who scored but checking the stats it was Lormor, O'Neill and Goddard.

Remember getting some autographs from the players as the got out their cars (with sponsorship details emblazoned on the sides!) behind the Milburn Stand.  My dad took me and we stood in the Milburn paddock right across from the away fans.  No pishy family enclosure for us!:-)  If I can recall they were already relegated so had banners with stuff like 'good luck in the 2nd division' etc. 

My main memory apart from those of my dad who's no longer with us is being in absolute awe of the madhouse which was the Gallowgate end.  Always used to say when I grew up that's where I wanted to be!

First NUFC game: 27th August 1994, Southampton at SJP. Queued up from 9am all the way down Barrack Road. Got tickets with my Dad at 12.30pm, went into town for a Dickson' saveloy dip and then straight back up Gallowgate to find our seats.

Won 5-1, pretty sure that Steve Watson did his somersault throw-in during the second half :lol:

First away game: 22nd August 1995, Bolton at Burden Park. Absolute shed of a stadium, during the second half we were allowed to climb over the 'barrier' and run along the side of the pitch with the players warming up :lol: Warren Barton gave me a pat on the head :lol:

2007. West Ham - Newcastle. 2-2. Came all the way from Northern Norway to London. One of the forum users here help me and my dad with tickets. Loved it :)

EDIT: can't remember who score, tbh the Newcastle fans with their songs and actions was just amazing to watch. Remember we sang something in the line of: You can stick your fucking Bobbies up your ass. Think they sang it because of Bobby Zamora and Bobby Moncur.

Remember me and my dad took the wrong way, ending up on the WH tiles. Fortunately, some very kind WH supporters told us we were on the wrong side, and actually followed us to the right place :) They didn't hurt us, eventhough I had my Newcastle kit on, my huge Norwegian flag probably saved us. hehe!

I had the full kit when i was a little'un. :aww:

Aye same, I had that one and the equally awful effort before it. :lol:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Newcastle_United/images/newcastle_united_1997-1998-change.gif

Think they were my first two toon kits apart from the Asics bluestar one I had when I was too young to understand.

God i can't wait to have a young lad and take him to his first game. If he's anything other than overcome with joy, excitement and emotion, i'll be disowning him. I can remember a prequel of these threads where someone said they read a Transformers mag during the game. :lol: Christ, you'd have been out of my family then and there.

Home to Everton, late January 1997 - 4-1

Speed scored a really early goal for them, we were average until the 50/60th minute and then started piling the pressure on, with Asprilla replacing Beardo. Lee scored with a brilliant volley, Shearer scored a pen after Asprilla was fouled. Was a quality game and great experience considering I was only 7.

God i can't wait to have a young lad and take him to his first game. If he's anything other than overcome with joy, excitement and emotion, i'll be disowning him. I can remember a prequel of these threads where someone said they read a Transformers mag during the game. :lol: Christ, you'd have been out of my family then and there.

Or he could support Man U.

First game: Leeds away 96/97 - In the Leeds end with my Mam and Dad, Newcastle shirt hid under my coat. Shearer smashed one in, Mam jumped up forgetting she was in the opponents end :lol: I think a few other people jumped up as well anyway. A rare 1-0 win under Keegan.

First home game: Leeds (again) 97/98 - Drew 1-1 Gunnar Halle scored for them I think and Ketsbaia equalised. With Mam and Dad again, sat in the Leazes I think.

I cant remember who my first game was against but i didn't like it.I think i was about 4 and the game wassome time in 1994 it was freezing and my dad kept lifting me above his head everytime we had a chance so that i could see but that completely ruined the experience because it scared the shit out of me. my next game wasn't until some years later against Bradford which was a much better experience.

Probably going to have to figure out an excuse to live in Newcastle for a year when I'm in my thirties, just to make sure the indoctrination of my children is done all well and proper.

Bristol city Jan 81(?).. in the cup. Sat in the east stand. Sure it was the day the old electronic scoreboard made its debut, just before kick off it flashed up "HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE GAME, HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME" or words to that effect. Think we drew 1-1. That's the first i remember, me mam said my first game was an anglo/scot cup tie at tynecastle, early seventies.

I fell asleep before half time at my first game, I really wasn't into football but my Dad took me.

I think it was a 3-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, or maybe a 3-1 win, can't remember! Seem to remember Pav dropping a clanger for one of the goals we conceded... again might not be true though.

I fell asleep before half time at my first game, I really wasn't into football but my Dad took me.

I think it was a 3-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, or maybe a 3-1 win, can't remember! Seem to remember Pav dropping a clanger for one of the goals we conceded... again might not be true though.

Was that pre kk when sheff wed got promoted ?

I was at that game and I think we won.

Was that pre kk when sheff wed got promoted ?

I was at that game and I think we won.

Possibly, I've honestly no idea what year it was even. I guess I was about 8-10, so that would put in in the range '90-'92.