Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

Always annoyed me that I can't remember my first game. 

First season I was aware of was the relegation season of 1988/89, but not sure  100% sure as I was only 5.  Seem to think I went to see us lose 3-1 to Sheff Wed at home in that season.

Think 1989/90 was the season I was more aware of what was going on.  Vividly remember going to Newcastle away at West Ham in 1989/1990.  Terrible terrible 0-0 draw.  And the worst of the lot - losing 4-1 at home to Wolves.  Steve Bull hat trick.

First game I went too I have no idea where or when it was, all I remember was that Peter Beardsley Scored an absolutely cracking goal.

He came in from the left wind got to the by-line running towards the goal and hit the ball with the outside of his left foot (effectively the wrong foot) and looping the ball over the keeper from one of the tightest angles i have ever seen a goal scored.

Was it Sheffield Wednesday? Does anyone know?

Mine was Norwich 3-0 (2 Beardsley and a Cole?) at St James's 1994/95 at the age of 5. Think it was 8th April, as I went straight after a friend's birthday party and I think I was sat in the Gallowgate/East corner - it was definitely corner. I just kind of have an image in my head of the pitch/players, the yellow, from a corner. I remember those 2 players scoring and being happy because Beardsley was my favourite, and being happy because we were wearing the blue star shirt rather than the McEwans one. I wore the kit's shorts to the match.

My first away game was later that year but the 95/96 season, Everton, 3-1. Sir Les scored a pen which a guy picked me up to see. They pulled one back that everyone was complaining was offside but I didn't know what that meant. I loved it and remember that one better, but thought the journey was dead long.

First game I went too I have no idea where or when it was, all I remember was that Peter Beardsley Scored an absolutely cracking goal.

He came in from the left wind got to the by-line running towards the goal and hit the ball with the outside of his left foot (effectively the wrong foot) and looping the ball over the keeper from one of the tightest angles i have ever seen a goal scored.

Was it Sheffield Wednesday? Does anyone know?

Scored one like that away at Sheff Wed, aye, IIRC.

I think sheff weds played in yellow and gavin peacock scored a couple of goals.

Could it have been this game?

http://www.sheffieldwednesdayprogrammes.co.uk/view_prog.php?progID=33117

Yep 99% sure as it was a mid week game as well.

Hmm, apparently that one was 1-0 to Newcastle so I'm not sure.

And in 88/89 we lost 1-3, so I've no idea what I'm talking about now!

2007. West Ham - Newcastle. 2-2. Came all the way from Northern Norway to London. One of the forum users here help me and my dad with tickets. Loved it :)

EDIT: can't remember who score, tbh the Newcastle fans with their songs and actions was just amazing to watch. Remember we sang something in the line of: You can stick your f***ing Bobbies up your ass. Think they sang it because of Bobby Zamora and Bobby Moncur.

Remember me and my dad took the wrong way, ending up on the WH tiles. Fortunately, some very kind WH supporters told us we were on the wrong side, and actually followed us to the right place :) They didn't hurt us, eventhough I had my Newcastle kit on, my huge Norwegian flag probably saved us. hehe!

Are you sure it wasn't 'stick your fucking bubbles up your arse'?

Geremi got one of them I rememeber.

I think sheff weds played in yellow and gavin peacock scored a couple of goals.

Could it have been this game?

http://www.sheffieldwednesdayprogrammes.co.uk/view_prog.php?progID=33117

Yep 99% sure as it was a mid week game as well.

Hmm, apparently that one was 1-0 to Newcastle so I'm not sure.

And in 88/89 we lost 1-3, so I've no idea what I'm talking about now!

Ahh

well then  i defo attended a mid week game against sheff wed that we won.

2007. West Ham - Newcastle. 2-2. Came all the way from Northern Norway to London. One of the forum users here help me and my dad with tickets. Loved it :)

EDIT: can't remember who score, tbh the Newcastle fans with their songs and actions was just amazing to watch. Remember we sang something in the line of: You can stick your f***ing Bobbies up your ass. Think they sang it because of Bobby Zamora and Bobby Moncur.

Remember me and my dad took the wrong way, ending up on the WH tiles. Fortunately, some very kind WH supporters told us we were on the wrong side, and actually followed us to the right place :) They didn't hurt us, eventhough I had my Newcastle kit on, my huge Norwegian flag probably saved us. hehe!

Are you sure it wasn't 'stick your f***ing bubbles up your arse'?

Geremi got one of them I rememeber.

Hah! That might be, we attended the match totally unprepared :D So, it was quite an experience for us (both me and my dad, who is a man utd supporter). It was such an amazing feeling standing in the middle of what 5000 (?) nufc fans waving my Norwegian flag! :) Hope to go to Newcastle, maybe next season if we can get tickets for  a game - a game we most likely win!

Chelsea at home, April 1994, was 10.  Can just remember that it was 0-0, Chris Holland was playing right wing for us and that I was sitting on the wall at the front of the terraces right by the pitch.  Have an abiding memory of the drop behind me being terrifying if I was to fall, but it might be the mind playing tricks.

I've just checked and that was actually the only goalless draw we were involved in all season. :lol:

Leeds Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle United (Gillespie)

Specific memory: We waited outside the media truck/cabins for a glimpse of KK who duly gave us a wave. Apparently something amazing happened in there but I can't remember what.

Guest palnese

Newcastle - Leeds 2-2, in April 2000, I think it was. We were 2-0 down, but it finished 2-2. Shearer scored twice.

Some experience that for a young boy from Norway.

Mine was Feb 1990 FA Cup game against Man Utd (lost 3-2). Was only 5 but can remember being moved from the Milburn Paddock to the Leazes (or the other way round?) becuase of over crowding.

Second and third games were both 1-0 home defeats to Millwall and Brighton, at least things got a bit better over the next few years!

Leeds Utd 0 - 1 Newcastle United (Gillespie)

Specific memory: We waited outside the media truck/cabins for a glimpse of KK who duly gave us a wave. Apparently something amazing happened in there but I can't remember what.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/08/keeganrant_450x299.jpg

"I would be indifferent if we beat them. Indifferent"

Mine tops the lot of yours.. Ive only been to two NUFC games..

1st game was bobby's first home game in charge of us 8-0 vs Sheffield Wednesday

2nd game was a 21st birthday present. 5-1 home win against Sunderland on October 31st 2010

THINK I AM THE TOONS LUCKY CHARM