Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

My fisrt game was when Shearer cracked his head and had an arguement with bobby because it was1-1 vs Villa and bobby wanted to take him off. Nobby equalised. Heres a Pic of Shearer and his cracked head and bandage off, in the players lounge after.  I think its the game that famous pic is from with the bandage on.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/Rebellious1/Shearer.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/Rebellious1/637bb615.jpg

My only other game was when we beat mallorca 4-1 in Europe, Titus kept Eto quiet all night and scored the 4th, was a laugh in the players lounge after.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/Rebellious1/Newcastle4-1RealMallorca-UEFACup.jpg

Never been to a game since as its a 9 hour round trip.

First game I saw was in 1992. Semi-final of the Northumberland Senior Cup. Watched my hero Tommy Wright in goal as Newcastle Reserves beat Newcastle Blue Star and loved it so much that over the next few months I managed to badger my dad into getting us season tickets for the promotion season. Disappointingly, I have no idea who we played in the first senior game; my main memory of the first few seasons is sitting on the crash barriers in the Gallowgate end and getting pushed off every time we scored, which was a lot.

It's interesting that the commentators talk about us being the best in that 1986 video. I've always been given the impression by opposition fans that our support was only 'good' post-KK.

Aye, like many fans not a clue what they are talking about when it comes to NUFC.  We were stone last in Div 1 and that was the atmosphere.

Have a look at the YouTube videos of the Cup match at Liverpool in 1984 when we were beaten 4-0 to see the support we had in those days. 

Great support, 11,000 away fans!!!!

and i was one of them, we never stopped singing the whole game.

Friday night I was there as well might have been more than 11000 we had all of the Anfield Rd end plus some of one of the main stand paddocks. I've disliked Lpool since then as there was hell on afterwards on the way to the buses. we were loud mind "we'll be back again next year

My away record is shit.

My first away game was Blackburn 3-0 in the relegation season. We spent most of the game telling Kinnear that "We're shit and we're sick of it" and singing for Jonas to come off the bench (which he didn't until we were like 2-0 down with 20 mins to go).

Friday night I was there as well might have been more than 11000 we had all of the Anfield Rd end plus some of one of the main stand paddocks. I've disliked Lpool since then as there was hell on afterwards on the way to the buses. we were loud mind "we'll be back again next year

we came back in sleet with coach windows out, fkin freezing.

Moving on from the first game I also remember my first away game well, Coventry City away in January 1996, Steve Watson scored the only goal of the game.

My main memories of the game were the state of the bogs at Highfield Road and the abuse Andy Gray got, he was walking up to the gantry and the entire away end was in full voice 'Andy Gray is a w*****, is a w*****', I had to ask my Dad what a w***** was.

That was my second away game. I was on a Junior Magpies trip. I think Darren Huckerby came off the bench, don't know why I remember that.

Guest jimmyc84

mine was home vs Wimbledon.  1995 or 1996 maybe.  We won 6-1.  Wimbledon had their keeper sent off and Vinnie Jones went in goal.

Hilarious game.  

first away game was Roker in 70s with my dad, can only remember the journey, not the match.

first away game with mates and stuff when i was a full on suporter would have been Carlisle away , nyd 84. 3-1 loss.  toon fan attacked wor keeper- quickly followed by that Game at Anfield mentioned earlier.

Guest Brazilianbob

Good grief I'm in "cresh" forum.  Most of you lot were not even born when I started going to SJP.  My first game was at home to Northampton Town in the First division in 1965!

Guest Brazilianbob

Good grief I'm in "cresh" forum.  Most of you lot were not even born when I started going to SJP.  My first game was at home to Northampton Town in the First division in 1965!

cobblers!

Meaning?  Oh yes now I get it very good!

Guest Brazilianbob

First away game was Wolves in 1968 we lost 5-0 to a Peter Knowles hatrick  and one from Mike Bailey and Derek Dougan apiece.  To add insult to injury a wolves fan bounced a brick off the boot of the car as we left Wolverhampton!  Knowles (younger brother of Cyril the Spurs player) was something special mind!  Criminal that he decided to retire from football at 21 years of age!