KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Really good interview don't think he's said anything wrong/out of place. He's entitled to say whatever he wants, anyway. He's worked with Ashley/Llambias - none of you have.

Andy's earlier post (bottom of page 1) makes a lot of sense too.

Yep :thup:

And if anyone has actually bothered to listen to it in full, he wishes Newcastle well (again) and says when he heard Pardew in the interview the next day he 'thought' (thought at the time, being the crucial word here) that he won't get to spend all the money. I think some of you are blowing this out of proportion and i'm always going to take his word over Ashley/Llambias or even Pardew's (despite how good a job i think he is doing)

Guest Wally_McFool

Yep :thup:

And if anyone has actually bothered to listen to it in full, he wishes Newcastle well (again) and says when he heard Pardew in the interview the next day he 'thought' (thought at the time, being the crucial word here) that he won't get to spend all the money. I think some of you are blowing this out of proportion and i'm always going o take his word over Ashley/Llambias or even Pardew's (despite how good a job i think he is doing)

:snod:

Really no need for Keegan to open his mouth on this occasion.

How do you work that out?

He doesn't know what's going to happen.

What if the Zog bid was accepted, that would have been more than a third of the money gone already.

He's asked for his opinion within a casual format footballing discussion, the type that happens with pundits and journalists every day on Sky and in the papers. He works for ESPN now, it's not like he's just come out and said this without warning. Why should he not comment?

I love Keegan but I really hope he's wrong on this. One thing is for sure though, he knows what they're like far, far better than any of us do so his opinions hold quite a bit of sway with me.

He had his chance to do or say anything about it a long time ago. I resent him having anything to say about the club now, even just a soundbite like this.

He is directly asked about it within a 13min piece where they talk football generally. There is more about the Man City handshake than there is about Newcastle. But what he does say is very telling in that they f***ed him over regarding the Milner sale (ie he accepted the valuation was good but that there wasn't time to replace him, they gave him their word then sold him anyway) - I can imagine that's almost exactly what happened with Carroll.

Back then the manager didn't get the final say in transfers, but most now credit Hughton with the Tiote/HBA deals - maybe it's different now?

If he was ever to manage another team i'd wish them to do well and probably try and get to one or two of the games like.  He's been a success with every club he's been at.

Aye. It'll be very hard not to 'follow' the team he'll be at.

KK still thinking about NUFC is awesome, I bet Pards gets to spend a little bit more now due to Kevin & after all that is what Kev wanted hence him having his say after the Everton game & then getting asked down to LDN to have a chat with Ashley + assorted cronies.

KK was managing under different circumstances back then, and he was at obvious loggerheads on how any money should be spent and on whom. Pardew is Ashley's appointment and he's just sold a player for £35m. If he doesn't get to spend a fair chunk of that I'll be surprised.

he wishes Newcastle well (again)

Hooray for Nufc, then.

His words about how much he supposedly cares for the club mean nothing. We also know that.

In Keegan's position, would you have worked for the club under the same circumstances?

Also Pardew has said that Ashley has made a statement of intent by handing Tiote a new contract to scupper talk we are a selling club. He can't show that intent by sitting on the money come the summer. We shall see.

In Keegan's position, would you have worked for the club under the same circumstances?

I'm not a manager, so who cares. But I hoped he would have felt compelled to put the club first if that's what he really felt.