KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

tell me definitivly that keegans targets were viable and i'll have grounds to think again.

Watch Keegan's interview after the Chelsea game, hardly sounds like a man who wants to buy big in the summer...

tell me definitivly that keegans targets were viable and i'll have grounds to think again.

Watch Keegan's interview after the Chelsea game, hardly sounds like a man who wants to buy big in the summer...

I base my opinions on track record.

Keegans was pretty good in the transfer Market and got us to 2nd in the league.

Ashley got us relegated.

Ashley got us relegated.

your brain will explode if we finish top half this season...........

fred was lower mid table and ytaking us backwards, ashleys turned it round and we are going forwards....cant accept it...cant accept it!

Why do you keep posting that cp40, what's your point? That finances don't matter as long as results improve?

just to wind people like you up :smug:

tbh tho, its to make a valid point, people are discrediting Keegan, yet choosing to ignore his record at league finishes here. even considering those quoted figures , it equates to what? approximately 10 million a season to see entertaining attacking football, and finish high up the league- I wonder what Relegation cost us- more or less than 10 million a season?

People who want to attack keegan need to look at sheffields clubs , because I honestly believe without what he achieved here- thats the sort of club  we were and would still be.

I don't think anyone disagrees with most of that, I certainly don't. I don't think you honestly believe that anyone is arguing that Mike Ashley has been better for NUFC than Kevin Keegan - obviously that's insane.

Ashley got us relegated.

fred was lower mid table and ytaking us backwards, ashleys turned it round and we are going forwards....cant accept it...cant accept it!

ask gimp, ive been predicting a good finish since end of last season. I just think its despite Ashley- not because of him.

So Keegan has clearly got a better football brain than Ashley, he is probably a better human being as well. But Ashley owns the club and Keegan is an ex manager. One of them can influence the club's future the other can't. It's a pisser but it is sort of where we are really.

Ashley got us relegated.

ask gimp, ive been predicting a good finish since end of last season. I just think its despite Ashley- not because of him.

Neh. But I'll meet you half way though. Eg. I'm more likely to conclude that the reasons why Carroll rose to stardom were a combination of three factors a) our relegation  b)Shola getting injured and c) our economical situation.  Those combined forced the club to play Carroll, and they were hardly planned. The relegation allowed Carroll to blossom in a league not as demanding as PL, and he was given time to build confidence (again because we had no other alternatives or money to replace him).

But the dire economical situation in the club forced the owner to shift focus: from expensive players to talents. And Carroll's success gave them even more incentives to continue this work.  Instead of buying players with big names, it was focused on players fitting our famous profile. And in addition to that, they had to be great lads too, who actually want to play for the club. The purchases of Tiote is in this respect a good example. In order to make such bargains, a scouting structure with good competence must be established. Yes, he was recommended, but still groundwork had to be done, and he wasn't a regular starter in Holland. So this is an example of a deliberate strategy from MA, that seems to be successful. Another example is the salary restrictions, which again is a deliberate strategy that now starts to pay off.

In combination, there are things happening in the club because of Ashley. But it's not sure that strong focus on talents etc ,would have been done without the relegation. That was the necessary impetus. And the relegation was a combination of many factors such as a club in turmoil, player incompetence and margins that didn't go our way in many matches.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Buying Tiote was a wonderful move. Buying Ben Arfa looks like it could be, but the jury has to still be out on a player with very few Premier League games behind him, a serious injury to overcome, and an attitude at his previous clubs to make N'Zogbia blush.

We're going to find it harder to pick up such bargains now that clubs know we got a huge fee for Carroll, which was one of Keegan's points. The way round this is to refuse to pay over the odds until everyone sees us as skinflints again, but by then we'll have another mutiny on our hands - from both supporters and players. I can only hope that Carr and Pardew can identify so many good prospects that we can afford to see which ones can come without breaking the bank - or at least on 'earn as you win' incentive contracts.

Ashley got us relegated.

Have you?

:razz:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/04/alan-pardew-we-ll-sign-four-or-five-players-72703-28280058/?

Mike Ashley hasn't told me how much I've got to spend, he made it clear when Andy Carroll went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be.

I have no doubt about getting some money; transfers are very, very complicated though.

Not particularly convincing IMO.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/04/alan-pardew-we-ll-sign-four-or-five-players-72703-28280058/?

Mike Ashley hasn't told me how much I've got to spend, he made it clear when Andy Carroll went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be.

I have no doubt about getting some money; transfers are very, very complicated though.

:lol:

Not entirely surprised to hear you say that Dave.

Lets be honest, there's going to be fucking hell on if we spend a penny less than £35 million.

We won't spend £35m on transfer fees, nobody should be expecting us to.

I'd be massively surprised if we did, I'd be happy with half of that as long as the players are right.

:lol:

Not entirely surprised to hear you say that Dave.

If he's not even spoken to Ashley about it yet then I can't blame him for being confident. ;)

Lets be honest, there's going to be fucking hell on if we spend a penny less than £35 million.

Really? Who's he got to answer to? Bet he's quaking in his boots already.

I mean on here. Can't wait for the indignation and "we've only spent £27 million!? Ashley you thieving cunt!"

Eh? £27m would be fucking amazing. :lol:

5 signings sounds about right if they're the right, quality players.

Even five mediocre players would cost £15m+. It'll be great if we can secure a load more finds like Tiote but let's not fool ourselves, it's unlikely. Particularly when everyone knows we have £30m in cash at present (regardless of our plans for it).

Hidden for Ian:

1 x £6m player = £6m

3 x £4m players = £12m

1 x £3m player = £3m

Enrique and a couple other shit ones out = -£14m

Job done. O0

I reckon about:

£10m on a main striker

£6m on a second striker

£5m to replace Enrique

£2m to cover the new LB

£5m on Ireland

£2-3m on a RB cover

£10-12m for Enrique

Plus £3-5m on seeing Xisco, Smith, Perch & Raylor out the door.

So the party line from the Ashley supporters is "we don't care how much is spent, as long as we buy the right players blah, blah, blah."

All well and good, but we've been told all money is being reinvested, this should be the case.

Say we do get 2-3 players for around £15m, the money is there to get 2-3 more, and should be spent.