Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Shittest starting XI I've seen us put out in a few years.

appalling

Given the injuries and suspension, how would you have picked the team?

i dont want to spoil the match thread with a response, there's a lot more to be appalled by than our starting 11 today

:rolleyes:

now enrique's injured too, squad's looking pretty thin eh?

what are you on about? Never said we had a fantastic squad. You criticized the selection and when asked to justify, came out with something completely irrelevant

Lovenkrands on the wing then? f***'s sake. I was so impressed with Pardew's changes last week n'all. As it stands the game's completely gone, we're all over the shop.

What other choices do we have?

Well he's selected a winger for the bench. We could bring him on. Guthrie would be more suited to the right than Lovenkrands, n'all.

If Guthrie is the solutions then our problems are bigger than I feared 

:suicide:

Shittest starting XI I've seen us put out in a few years.

appalling

Given the injuries and suspension, how would you have picked the team?

i dont want to spoil the match thread with a response, there's a lot more to be appalled by than our starting 11 today

now enrique's injured too, squad's looking pretty thin eh?

what are you on about? Never said we had a fantastic squad. You criticized the selection and when asked to justify, came out with something completely irrelevant

no. no i didnt criticise the selection, i posted a one word response and you assumed i was criticising the selection.

Find myself hoping for a point... again.

Game's still there to be won IMO, but we're going to need to improve a lot. With players all out of position that's going to be hard.

We had them for the taking at 1-0, to excited and went forward with 8 men, Taylor forgets his position, rest just comes with it.

I'd like to say - even though this line up is one of the worst we've fielded this season - I think we're in with a chance here.