Snoods = Banned

Thespence

Arsenal in crisis after FIFA ban snoods with immediate effect. from 01/07/2011 now.

Sir Alex Ferguson added: "Real men don't wear snoods."

And writing on Twitter, United defender Rio Ferdinand said: "U won't see a Man Utd player wearing a snood."

Former Old Trafford midfielder Roy Keane is also not a fan.

He said of players wearing the snood: "They've all gone soft. I don't know how they do it and focus on the game, it's weird. That's the way the game's gone."

But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has a number of players in his squad that wear the neck warmer - including midfielder Samir Nasri - defended his players."I get advice from the medical team - that's why we let them wear them," the Arsenal boss told the club's website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9415721.stm

This may NWOAT.

Arsenal in crisis after FIFA ban snoods with immediate effect. from 01/07/2011 now.

Sir Alex Ferguson added: "Real men don't wear snoods."

And writing on Twitter, United defender Rio Ferdinand said: "U won't see a Man Utd player wearing a snood."

Former Old Trafford midfielder Roy Keane is also not a fan.

He said of players wearing the snood: "They've all gone soft. I don't know how they do it and focus on the game, it's weird. That's the way the game's gone."

But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who has a number of players in his squad that wear the neck warmer - including midfielder Samir Nasri - defended his players."I get advice from the medical team - that's why we let them wear them," the Arsenal boss told the club's website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9415721.stm

This may NWOAT.

Quotes from months ago, nice one BBC.

why are they using resources on this? is a neckwarmer a big problem?  :idiot2:

It could surely be should a player grab ahold of another players snood and drag him full force to the ground when running. I can see why it's banned, better safe than sorry.

why are they using resources on this? is a neckwarmer a big problem?  :idiot2:

It could surely be should a player grab ahold of another players snood and drag him full force to the ground when running. I can see why it's banned, better safe than sorry.

They need to ban Jonas' hair as well then...

why are they using resources on this? is a neckwarmer a big problem?  :idiot2:

They need to ban Jonas' hair as well then...

Well, no. That's a pointless comparison. It's not about the pulling down, it's about what might happen to the neck. Obviously it's a one in a million shot that something bad might happen, but understandably, why allow there to be a one in a million chance just for players to wear something they've not even needed in the past?

Pointless decision. Why is this such an issue?

Fifa need to prove their doing something and don't have the bollocks to tackle anything proper.

Got to spend that $1bn they've got in the bank some how I guess.

If they are tight and close to the neck like a turtle neck then what's the problem.  If they are flappy and have three of four rolling layers they they are a risk of being grabbed.  I still think they are just a fashion statement more than a functional item, so on that basis they have no part in the game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can just picture the FIFA meeting, them debating for hours about video technology, and then coming out with "We have decided, after studying many footages of the football games, that we must take action. Snoods are banned."

Good. What a s**** fashion. Ban those daft huge headphones too.

Yeah hope the fuckers get strangled when a fan puts there hand out for an autograph and get ignored so Dad grabs cable so garroting the wanker  :snod: