Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Does anyone else think  , this man has got off lightly up till now. He must carry his share of the blame for his role. Lots of players not up to starch, plus he was part of the team that decided Carver should be given a chance as manager....

Not really, the clubs just fucked up. A scouts job is to find players to fit into a structure or to find young players who might come good. He does that, he does that very well. The problem is we have nobody at all at the club who has any plan for how the team on the pitch should play which in return leads to the up and coming players being forced to play first team football all the time.

Look at the difference with Southampton and Swansea. They have a similar setup but it works because the manager has final say on players playing in the first tea. Young up and coming players get a chance in the first team but aren't thrown straight in and they have a tactical plan which means they know which players they need and when one goes its easy to replace.

Guest neesy111

I want carr sacked as well, his transfers the last summer have been utter dire minus Janmaat and one of the reasons we are in desperate trouble.

lol sack him. you lot are funny. He is the best thing this club has and you want him to be sacked. Even last summer Jannmat, Perez and Seim are class signings. Just becuase Ashley and his cronies decided to hire some inept managers this guy shouldnt be blamed. Please separate the bad to the good.

lol sack him. you lot are funny. He is the best dthing this club has and you want him to be sacked. Even last summer Jannmat, Perez and Seim are class signings. Just becuase Ashley and his cronies decided to hire some inept managers this guy shouldnt be blamed. Please separate the bad to the good.

Totally agree with Ethi here.

I want carr sacked as well, his transfers the last summer have been utter dire minus Janmaat and one of the reasons we are in desperate trouble.

I'd be very surprised if we're getting his first, second or even third choices.

aye this is it like

lol sack him. you lot are funny. He is the best thing this club has and you want him to be sacked. Even last summer Jannmat, Perez and Seim are class signings. Just becuase Ashley and his cronies decided to hire some inept managers this guy shouldnt be blamed. Please separate the bad to the good.

O0 Or we could just let Carver make the signings.

I never really thought about it like that but it makes total sense

Pardew always prattled on about having more than one target for each position and not being held to ransom. I.e. we lowball all our options until one says yes, usually third or fourth choice.

Does anyone else think  , this man has got off lightly up till now. He must carry his share of the blame for his role. Lots of players not up to starch, plus he was part of the team that decided Carver should be given a chance as manager....

I think he gives a list of players to Ashley and Charnley, that list is then broken down to who are the cheapst to buy.  So on that list he may have scouted some seriously good taletn but Ashley being Ashley, he was only interested in the cheapest options.

So i dont think he is a problem.

Re: French players, just seen this post on FB under a Chronicle article:

Peter Beardsley told my mate at Tesco's at Kingston Park last week that it's down to the French players- he said they really don't give a damn and it's contagious

???

Eurgh. They may well not give a shit, but why should they, when they play for a club as unambitious as we are? It's not like they have a sentimental link to us, and the overriding message from the hierarchy is that fans mean very little.

You can see how lost some of them are. They've no belief in the management, the club's ethos and it's not like there's much leadership on the pitch to compensate either. It's fucking desperate.

Carr's role at the club is pointless too as there's not a suitable manager for the players he recommends.

Re: French players, just seen this post on FB under a Chronicle article:

Peter Beardsley told my mate at Tesco's at Kingston Park last week that it's down to the French players- he said they really don't give a damn and it's contagious

???

It's the foreigners fault. Default get out for shit managers everywhere.

I can not imagine it is all coming to The French players theme. A team that plays Williamson week in week out they rely on the French players to me make excuse.

bloke I just met on the job pulled the "shit French players" line with me yesterday, I could barely fucking contain myself :lol: