Stoke City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/03/11 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Guest michaelfoster

We could improve our squad by releasing Campbell, Smith, Harper, Perch, Raylor & Lovenkrands at the end of the season. Them not being there means they cannot be picked. It's an improvement.

Because we have loads of players to replace them as backups don't we?

I don't want to get depressed all night with this, so instead of reading through the thread, can somebody briefly sum the game up please?

Was 4-0 harsh on us? Who was good? Who was bad? Any injuries? Any reason to be optimistic?

Thanks. I was at work for all of it so only know the score.

I don't want to get depressed all night with this, so instead of reading through the thread, can somebody briefly sum the game up please?

Was 4-0 harsh on us? Who was good? Who was bad? Any injuries? Any reason to be optimistic?

Started alright, goal came slightly against the run of play and from then until half time we responded well.

Second half started terribly and some terribly sloppy play meant the game was over in 5mins. I didn't watch the rest.

sacked manager- sold best player- played shit- lost 0-4.

or maybe these events are not connected. :undecided:

We could improve our squad by releasing Campbell, Smith, Harper, Perch, Raylor & Lovenkrands at the end of the season. Them not being there means they cannot be picked. It's an improvement.

Without Harper we'd have Krul and Forster fighting for No1, without Lovenkrands we'd play Ranger, without Campbell we wouldn't try and squeeze him in, without Smith we'd have £50k+pw to play with and less liability when he does play, without Raylor we'd have another £30k+ and without Perch we can try Richardson, Kadar, Ferguson and other youngsters who'd no doubt do a better job.

That's not to say we wouldn't sign replacements, especially with the likes of Harper, Campbell, Smith & Raylor off the books, there's about £7m a year off the books in wages.

Without Harper we'd have Krul and Forster fighting for No1, without Lovenkrands we'd play Ranger, without Campbell we wouldn't try and squeeze him in, without Smith we'd have £50k+pw to play with and less liability when he does player, without Raylor we'd have another £30k+ and without Perch we can try Richardson, Kadar, Ferguson and other youngsters who'd no doubt do a better job.

That's not to say we wouldn't sign replacements, especially with the likes of Harper, Campbell, Smith & Raylor off the books, there's about £7m a year off the books in wages.

Of all those you mention, only one (Campbell) is out of contract at the end of the year. How are we going to get rid of them?

Without Harper we'd have Krul and Forster fighting for No1, without Lovenkrands we'd play Ranger, without Campbell we wouldn't try and squeeze him in, without Smith we'd have £50k+pw to play with and less liability when he does player, without Raylor we'd have another £30k+ and without Perch we can try Richardson, Kadar, Ferguson and other youngsters who'd no doubt do a better job.

Of all those you mention, only one (Campbell) is out of contract at the end of the year. How are we going to get rid of them?

Give them away.

I personally think we'd get some fees for them if we did it properly, but in all honesty i'd just be happy to see the lot moved on.

We can't give them away, they have contracts.

We can't offer clubs to take them for no fee? Is there a new rule stopping this?

The player has to agree to it. Is Alan Smith going to get £60k a week elsewhere? If not, then he won't go anywhere. Why would/should he?

We can't offer clubs to take them for no fee? Is there a new rule stopping this?

The player has to agree to it. Is Alan Smith going to get £60k a week elsewhere?

no

Why would the players accept this? Uprooting their families etc and particularly when they're unlikely to get the same wages.

The player has to agree to it. Is Alan Smith going to get £60k a week elsewhere?

Alan Smith might decide he wants to play football and agree a contract elsewhere, it happens. Without a fee for the player its more likely.

You saying we couldn't give Lovenkrands away when Brum were sniffing around trying to buy him, or Harper to a promoted team next year? Pick Smith as he's the most difficult to flog due to his high wages, but's he's only got a year left and may decide football is more important if he's not wanted here (up in till now every manager insisted on playing him)

PS: How much is Nicky Butt getting these days?

Bring in Westwood on a free - Ship Harps out permenantly, bring back Foster and send Krul on loan.

Can see us selling one of Krul or Foster tbh.

releasing Campbell, Smith, Harper, Perch, Raylor & Lovenkrands - Good for starters. If we can move Ameobi out at somepoint that would be immense too.

Twitter stuff:

'Pardew unhappy to be told about this picture after game. Best, Ireland & Folan at Tup Tup Palace last night'

Pardew: "We're very conscious we've never been that far away from that situation (relegation). Other results today have put pressure on."

"One of those days to forget as a manager. But we've got enough quality to win the next game." Best injured ankle in training Thurs.

Who's going to replace all these players we're giving away, particularly Lovenkrands and Ameobi?

I forgot were not allowed to sign anyone. Silly me forgetting all these new rules imposed by Newcastle Online on NUFC.  :lol:

Not having Lovenkrands surely forces Ferguson and Ranger in to the 1st team, something we'd all like to see, no?

Guest BooBoo

Twitter stuff:

'Pardew unhappy to be told about this picture after game. Best, Ireland & Folan at Tup Tup Palace last night'

Pardew: "We're very conscious we've never been that far away from that situation (relegation). Other results today have put pressure on."

"One of those days to forget as a manager. But we've got enough quality to win the next game." Best injured ankle in training Thurs.

Whether fit or not, I'd be imposing a 48 hour ban of the city centre nightspots before any game for our players. Totally unprofessional that these clowns are recovering from injuries and are arsing about on the drink when they should be taking it easy.

I think in years to come (and it may take a while) clubs will end up banning their players from city centre nightlife. It creates nothing positive.

Who's going to replace all these players we're giving away, particularly Lovenkrands and Ameobi?

I forgot were not allowed to sign anyone. Silly me forgetting all these new rules imposed by Newcastle Online on NUFC.  :lol:

Not having Lovenkrands surely forces Ferguson and Ranger in to the 1st team, something we'd all like to see, no?

Hardly rules imposed by me, imposed by the idiot running the show certainly.

But how many players do you expect us to sign if we give half a dozen away? We're already struggling to put a team out.

Twitter stuff:

Whether fit or not, I'd be imposing a 48 hour ban of the city centre nightspots before any game for our players. Totally unprofessional that these clowns are recovering from injuries and are arsing about on the drink when they should be taking it easy.

I think in years to come (and it may take a while) clubs will end up banning their players from city centre nightlife. It creates nothing positive.

Didn't Shearer do something similar?

Twitter stuff:

Agreed! Intake of alcohol makes the injury heal slower. Fucking amateurs.. It's especially serious when we consider our injury situation..

Guest BooBoo

Its not often I agree with Harry Redknapp but he's spot on when he says professional footballers should be banned by their clubs from drinking.

How can you spend a fortune paying a player to be a top athlete and then see him in some piece of shit nighclub getting plastered?