Stoke City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/03/11 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Ferguson was far too far up the pitch there, left Pennant in acres to put the cross in.

Inexperience showing there unfortunately.

Perhaps inexperience to be so far up the pitch chasing shadows, but when the ball was pushed forward he didn't race back to try and close Pennant down which IMO was just bad play.

Doubtful he'd have got there given their relative starting positions, but you've got to try (And he didn't) as it's possible Coloccini could have held him up for a while.

We are lacking balance in midfield. I hope he takes out 1 of the center backs and put in another midfielder, because this is not working.

Was working just fine before they scored.

There's only so much you can do with terrible forwards.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How come nobody was moaning about Lovenkrands until they scored? He's not a defender.

Didn't realise he was playing until he just missed that header.  :undecided:

How come nobody was moaning about Lovenkrands until they scored? He's not a defender.

Because he has literally offered nothing when we have went forward.  At least Shola looks to be trying (yes, I know that sounds weird)

Didn't realise he was playing until he just missed that header.  :undecided:

I'm not saying he's any good, just find it strange the vitriol that's come out in the last five minutes. As though it's his fault we're losing.