Finances 09/10 - 'Our vision for the club is to finish 10th or above every year'

quayside

I'm very happy to see that. I think soon enough the collective financial penny of football is going to drop and these clubs that spend big and beyond their means will start dropping like flies, but hopefully we'll be in a strong position to move forward while they all struggle to stay afloat. I just hope he realises that we also need to look at strengthening for the here and now  :thup:

The accounts aren't showing as filed yet, I guess Pardew means they are being filed today. There is always a delay after filing before they become available. Based on the figures from Ashley's holding company (see OP) I don't think there will be any great surprises revealed.

The club has not made any money so there is no chance that the Ashley debt is going to be down to £17m unless either he has converted a lot of it into equity or he has written a lot of it off. 

I'm very happy to see that. I think soon enough the collective financial penny of football is going to drop and these clubs that spend big and beyond their means will start dropping like flies, but hopefully we'll be in a strong position to move forward while they all struggle to stay afloat. I just hope he realises that we also need to look at strengthening for the here and now  :thup:

if true it'll be interesting to see the direction the club then takes, build or will he start taking money out as repayment ?

if true it'll be interesting to see the direction the club then takes, build or will he start taking money out as repayment ?

I'd much rather have a debt to the owner, than to any third party, in any case.

:clap:

The accounts aren't showing as filed yet, I guess Pardew means they are being filed today. There is always a delay after filing before they become available. Based on the figures from Ashley's holding company (see OP) I don't think there will be any great surprises revealed.

The club has not made any money so there is no chance that the Ashley debt is going to be down to £17m unless either he has converted a lot of it into equity or he has written a lot of it off. 

Exactly- reducing debt levels is hardly impressive when it is little more than the flick of a pen!

"All loans from Mike Ashley, which totalled £139.8 million at the year-end, have been and remain interest free.

In addition, the owner advanced a further £13 million to the club to finance the amounts due from other football clubs in respect of the transfer of players' registrations."

Does that sound to anyone else like the further £13m doesn't need to be paid back?

Wages to Turnover % - 90.6%

Cool.

At least the 10/11 figures will be hugely different to that due to the increased turnover. From a positive view, it's nice to see our wage bill at what I'd say was an acceptable level.

So am I right in saying between the end of those accounts - with our wage bill at £47.5m - and now the squad changes in terms of wages were just those made over the summer and this January?

Which would be (these are only the senior players):

Out

Pancrate

Butt

Hall

Carroll

Xisco

Routledge

In

Perch

Gosling

Campbell

Tiote

Ben Arfa

Ireland (?)

Kuqi

"All loans from Mike Ashley, which totalled £139.8 million at the year-end, have been and remain interest free.

In addition, the owner advanced a further £13 million to the club to finance the amounts due from other football clubs in respect of the transfer of players' registrations."

Does that sound to anyone else like the further £13m doesn't need to be paid back?

Didn't quite understand it but, does "amounts due from other football clubs in respect of the transfer of players' registrations" not mean he put in £13m to cover transfer fees we're owed but yet to receive? :dontknow:

If it was £13m he'd put in for buying players surely it would be 'amounts due to..'.

Didn't quite understand it but, does "amounts due from other football clubs in respect of the transfer of players' registrations" not mean he put in £13m to cover transfer fees we're owed but yet to receive? :dontknow:

If it was £13m he'd put in for buying players surely it would be 'amounts due to..'.

That's the way I read it. He subsidised clubs not wanting to go with his stupid pay everything up front policy by loaning us it first?

From the Mail:

Managing director Derek Llambias said: 'Mike Ashley's money has kept this club buoyant. Quite honestly Newcastle United would not be here without him, its as simple as that.

'He has never taken a penny out of the football club but he knows what he has to put in every year and he is keen to grow it. He knows where we want to be and where we should be in four or five years time.

'But we are a very tight unit here and a much better unit than we have been previously. At the end of the day Mike is a football fan, a Newcastle fan and he loves coming here.

'We are starting to get the stability we need into the football club both financially and within the squad. That stability is one of our most important goals.

'That would give us the security that the club and the playing side needs. We need to get that stability back here, including on the managerial side.

'Our vision for the club is to finish 10th or above every year, year after year. That is our target, we want to be challenging for Europe every single year.'