Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

A win tomorrow would surely seal our safety in the Premiership. It would be great, to think these spackermong left bollocks sent us down in such a bitter form, and now they're up shit creak.

"We want to put things right against Newcastle. It is not a nice feeling when you concede six goals in the way we did.

“When you come back home, and get to play the same team again, you want to set the record straight.

“We got an early penalty and it was missed. As a team, it was one of those defeats you don’t want to think about and try to put it out of your memory.

“All the players were upset in the changing room afterwards.”

"We want to put things right against Newcastle. It is not a nice feeling when you concede six goals in the way we did.

“When you come back home, and get to play the same team again, you want to set the record straight.

“We got an early penalty and it was missed. As a team, it was one of those defeats you don’t want to think about and try to put it out of your memory.

“All the players were upset in the changing room afterwards.”

Wonderful words, Ashley.

I'll tell you what upsets me, though, and it is you having about four good games since you scored that last minute goal at Everton two years ago. That and you taking free kicks and putting them over the roof of the Holte End every time.

The Cap and Gown normally lets the Toon in but you have to pay a couple of quid IIRC.

Honestly, beyond proximity to the ground, I despair to think anyone would find a reason to choose to drink at that place. There are plenty of very, very good pubs in the city centre, and it is 10 mins in a cab to the ground. There's even a very good one in Newtown, which isn't far from the ground (and which is known to the cognoscenti on here). It is a 4 o clock kick off, plenty of time to enjoy yourselves.

Getting charged two quid to go and stand in the "beer garden" (mud patch) at the back of some horrible away fan ghetto doesn't really appeal to me, but hey ho.

Actually, it's probably because I'm getting old, so ignore me.

I'm just hoping for a solid defensive display from Newcastle. Not to say I want us to sit back and soak up pressure (because as we know, Newcastle are incapable of such a thing!), but if we can frustrate them, I do think the home crowd might get on their back and we'll get goals.

That said, such a logical and composed away performance isn't Newcastle's style, so we'll probably slog goals from the get-go and it'll end up 3-2 to someone. :lol:

I'm just hoping for a solid defensive display from Newcastle. Not to say I want us to sit back and soak up pressure (because as we know, Newcastle are incapable of such a thing!), but if we can frustrate them, I do think the home crowd might get on their back and we'll get goals.

That said, such a logical and composed away performance isn't Newcastle's style, so we'll probably slog goals from the get-go and it'll end up 3-2 to someone. :lol:

Arsenal?, Wigan?, Everton?, Birmingham?

Guest magpie99

Sorry boys, dont mean to dent the wonderful optimism on here but I can see Villa winning by two clear goals at least today.

Reasons: Apoint to prove to their supporters: an opportunity to move away from the bottom 3 after they all lost yesterday: I cannot see our defence keeping out Bent, Young, Downing and Agbonlahor for the entire afternoon: I dont see our attack capable of scoring enough goals to match the opposition.

Prediction: -  0-2 Villa