PFA Player of the year: Gareth Bale (no really)

Guest palnese
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is interesting.

‎11 - Based on the Opta Index, considering players to have played 2000+ mins, the below is our PL team of 2010/11 so far. Objective.

B.Foster, B.Sagna, J.Terry, N.Vidic, G.Clichy, M.Essien, C.Adam, S.Nasri, Nani, C.Tevez, D.Berbatov.

Clichy? Over Baines, Evra, Cole and honestly, Enrique?

Get the fuck out of here.

I agree with Ronaldo on the point that, even if someone had scored 40 goals this season Bale would've won it. Such an overrated player. He's very good no doubt, and can only improve, but he's not even top 5 in the league. Not even the best in his position.

I'd rather have Nani in my team than Bale. He'll score, set up goals as well as dive so the other team has to play with a man less.

VdV deserved the award more than Bale tbh.

Modric is more deserving than either of them ....................... and he's still wasn't my pick for the award.  Parker gets shortlisted for the main award, Wilshere doesn't and Wilshere gets selected for the Team of the Year and Parker doesn't?  Go figure.

Of the nominations Tevez would have been my choice, Nani would have been if he'd been nominated.

Comparing Wilshere's goal/assist record with Bale :mackems:

Aye, Ameobi isn't a great player. But compare his goal record with Harpers and hey, we've got a POTY contender on our hands..

Guest mimifrench

Neither Bale nor Nasri deserve to win that trophee... They both have been non existent in the second part of the season to my mind and Bale, even if he is a good player had only made 2 very good games against Inter in the champions league.

Nani deserves it more but how do you explain the fact that the premier league players voted for Bale ? I think a lot of players don't watch enough games to vote and surely they voted a long time ago when those players were very good, it is the same situation in France...

Guest kingdawson

Aye, Ameobi isn't a great player. But compare his goal record with Harpers and hey, we've got a POTY contender on our hands..

Who compared their goal/assist record because if you thought i was doing that then you missed the point drastically.

Guest mimifrench

Have the french awards been handed out yet mimi? If so who has won?

No, not yet. It will be handed later. But you know this season in Ligue 1 has been awful, very very bad.... Nevertheless some players have emerged like moussa sow in lille or young players such as martin, boudebouz (sochaux), el arabi (caen)...

If Bale didn't play so well away to Inter then he wouldn't have won this award. Sky have been wanking over that performance ever since. He's been average/below average on a few occasions i've watched him, and only looked good/quality a couple of times.

Who compared their goal/assist record because if you thought i was doing that then you missed the point drastically.

What is your point then?

Bale is a winger and therefore his contribution will be based on assists/goals.

Wilshere is a deep lying midfielder and so his contribution is based on otherwise.