Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 10/04/11 - post match reaction from page 27

Nate

Avoidance. Probably your best option tbf.

Where were you after the match Wullie? and the day after that?and the next?

You seem to find your way on here after attending matches that don't go well. You should try it after the ones that go well too.

How long will you mourn for Carroll and Hughton? How long? Do you even enjoy victories anymore, knowing they have come about with Pardew in charge and Ashley at the helm? Why go to the games at all superfan? Why?

What point are you trying to make, you halfwit?

That you are extremely boring, annoying and repetitive. And you exist to moan about Carroll, Pardew and Ashley. You can't wait for a bad result to pull your cry baby act, but are nowhere to be seen when theteam does well under Pardew. But hey you attend the games right? Superfan extraordinaire you are. Shame your seemingly hoping the team doesn't do well.

Clear enough for you? Don't start getting abusive because your frustrated and you can't deal with being called out either. It's what halfwits tend to do, so don't go throwing that term about too loosely.

Aye I'm over the moon about today like. Get in.

God forbid I should prefer watching Newcastle win games instead of getting beat by shite like this because we've got fuck all up front. Get a grip man.

God forbid I should prefer watching Newcastle win games instead of getting beat by s**** like this because we've got f*** all up front. Get a grip man.

you get a grip, you've got to accept anything that happens as being good enough, you clearly don't.

Guest BooBoo

Would you prefer it if he was wracked with sobs?

how about the truth?

It's all part of management though. If he publically derides the players and says it was a shit performance, it doesnt do wonders for morale. I know they dont lose very often but Ferguson and Wenger barely ever criticise their sides to any major level after a defeat. They are masters at deflecting criticism, usually to the referee. Pardew knows he's still trying to build a relationship with the dressing room and slaughtering the side after a shit game where they were edged out by a slightly less shitter team on the day, will not achieve anything positive.

We were playing well, conceded a stupid goal, the Villa got their confidence back and let their clearly superior players do the talking.

Nothing I wasn't expecting. Shit game, but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Guest Heneage

Avoidance. Probably your best option tbf.

Where were you after the match Wullie? and the day after that?and the next?

You seem to find your way on here after attending matches that don't go well. You should try it after the ones that go well too.

How long will you mourn for Carroll and Hughton? How long? Do you even enjoy victories anymore, knowing they have come about with Pardew in charge and Ashley at the helm? Why go to the games at all superfan? Why?

What point are you trying to make, you halfwit?

That you are extremely boring, annoying and repetitive. And you exist to moan about Carroll, Pardew and Ashley. You can't wait for a bad result to pull your cry baby act, but are nowhere to be seen when theteam does well under Pardew. But hey you attend the games right? Superfan extraordinaire you are. Shame your seemingly hoping the team doesn't do well.

Clear enough for you? Don't start getting abusive because your frustrated and you can't deal with being called out either. It's what halfwits tend to do, so don't go throwing that term about too loosely.

Aye I'm over the moon about today like. Get in.

God forbid I should prefer watching Newcastle win games instead of getting beat by s**** like this because we've got f*** all up front. Get a grip man.

So when we were promoted did you expect us to change all of our attackers and not get injuries? Oh no wait you wanted us to turn down £35m for Carroll because that way it showed ambition. You rarely come on here when we win you instead prefer to wait until we lose then post the same old story of how we should never of sold Carroll and that he was the core of our team.

In fact it's players like Tiote, Nolan, Barton, Coloccini AND Carroll who made up our team. It's becoming tedious, to the point where it seems you don't so much support Newcastle as you just hate Ashley.

Guest supercheicktiote

We were very poor today I'm afraid. Barton is not a captain either on todays performance, we really really missed tiote and nolan our midfield was weak apart from Jonas. And Colo was average at best. I'm afraid Ranger wont make it at the toon. He's just not good enough simple. Villa were just about good enough for 3 points on the day

I was looking for some player ratings and these were the best I could find, I like the stats used to illustrate the points. I though it was worth letting you all seeing it leek!

http://www.newcastlefcnews.com/2011/04/newcastle-vs-aston-villa-player-ratings.html

Big game against Manure

Up the toon!!!

I knew we wouldn't be up for it today.

You and your secrets!  :lol:

It was no secret  :razz:

Absolutely perfect results for us today.

Rarely happens, takes the pressure off us tomorrow, not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Normally means we don't take advantage.

Aye, reckon so.

Finger crossed Barton wants to prove a point as captain tomorrow, apart from that I see no real reason any of them are going to be really up for it.

???

Harper, Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Guthrie, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Jose Enrique, Ameobi, Gutierrez, Ryan Taylor. All were in the squad at Villa Park on 24 May 2009.

I'd say we've already got our revenge.

Evening.

What a shite match. I thought they were two really mediocre teams today, it looked like two bald men fighting over a comb. We were nervous as fuck the whole match, you looked like you weren't really bothered. 

Kyle Walker at the back for us was an accident waiting to happen. On your side, I was really disappointed in Gutierrez, who insisted on putting the ball out of play pretty much constantly.

Drank with a few of your lot in town before the game, they were a decent bunch, much friendly boozing and chat was had.

When I got the text message about the lineups my heart sank TBH, we just don't have enough players to stand the loss of both our starting CMs and our best two strikers. That's the heart of the team gone. And to top it off, we move our best CB into CM, destroying the back four into the bargain.

If we'd come away with anything other than defeat today it would have been a major surprise IMO.

If we'd played like we did in the first 15 minutes and the last 10 minutes, we'd have got a point, if not won.

Ranger's chance was guilt edge and he should be burying that sort of shot. I wish it'd been Kuqi and not Lovenkrands for that header right at the end too.

Steven Taylor was an accident waiting to happen for me. Too many mistakes, too much space afforded to Bent, we looked more composed when Colo switched back to defence.

Enrique and Jonas started to gel at times again, but their reluctance to cross the ball into the box was worrying, especially when we were chasing the game late on.

Guthrie looked relatively composed, but got outmuscled too easily. Barton kept drifting inside and his delivery was not as brushed up as it usually is.

Nile disappointed for me. Everything that he usually does so well (backing into his man, winning headers) was lacking today. Whether he was injured or what I don't know, but the fans got on his back relatively easily and he spent more time on the ground than he did on his feet (really needs a decent pair of boots).

Kuqi is slow as hell, but he's very intelligent and you can tell he has alot of experience. We looked 50x better as soon as he came on, because his movement was spot on and his ball control was more intelligent than Rangers' (but obviously they have about 15 years between them). Same with R.Taylor. The second he was on, we suddenly looked more composed and more balanced, as he wasn't cutting in and we were utilising the space on the right more.

On the whole, it was suicide teamsheet from Pardew and he left the changes too late for my liking, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

They scared the shit out of me with their pace and we looked at odds everytime they countered us. Yet, everytime we strung two decent passes/runs together (rare though it be), they looked ready to crumble.

That bit more quality, or a stronger set-up (i.e. two wingers, two proper CMs) and we could have easily nicked something.

Their fans are shit. If it wasn't celebrating the goal or screaming at the referee about a corner not given, they were pretty weak bar about a group of 30 or so right by the away fans. Our lot weren't that great between Collins' goal and half time either.

The referee was terrible, absolutely terrible. I struggle to remember a decision he got right, for either side. So many non-freekicks given and clear fouls brushed off.

The referee was terrible, absolutely terrible. I struggle to remember a decision he got right, for either side. So many non-freekicks given and clear fouls brushed off.

Atwell had an absolute nightmare. Didn't favour one side over another, but was just entirely unpartisan in his ineptitude.