Blackpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/04/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

How is Shola still on the pitch..?

Because of Pards

“He’s had the disadvantage of being a young player here and having outstanding strikers in front of him, really outstanding strikers,” he argued.

“The emergence of Andy Carroll as well has probably restricted his displays more than at another club, I’m guessing.

“From what I’ve seen he is a very good professional footballer who wants to play for Newcastle and I like him. I think his style’s good.

“I could compare Shola to Bobby Zamora (who Pardew managed at West Ham United), they’re very similar.

“Shola’s probably a little bit more dominant in the air, Bobby’s maybe a tadge quicker, but the feet are very similar, they can beat players. Because they’re tall you don’t think they’ve got that natural ability to take a shot and come inside. I see a lot of qualities in Shola that could be very useful for us and for me as a manager.

“The games he’s played for me have been – blimey – pretty good, and what you expect at Newcastle, a striker that causes defences problems in the Premier League.”

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/03/05/pardew-s-demands-on-striker-shola-ameobi-61634-28283269/#ixzz1KMSpR869

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No offence to anyone, and not trying to wind people up, but this is why Pards isn't good enough.

He can't motivate the team against the dross any better than Hughton could.

Doesn't that say more about the players?