Blackpool 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/04/11 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Guest neesy111

Lazying it around behind the goal-line is just as bad imo as it's basic principle to stay on your post/line.

I don't see any comparison between what Dyer and Enrique did.

How?

Basic principle from both should be defend your post properly, then we wouldn't be having this conversation ???

How?

Basic principle from both should be defend your post properly, then we wouldn't be having this conversation ???

Dyer made little or no attempt to get the ball, Enrique did.  Like I've said, I have no idea why he was starting from where he was but at least he tried.

Guest neesy111

How?

Dyer made little or no attempt to get the ball, Enrique did.  Like I've said, I have no idea why he was starting from where he was but at least he tried.

That is true, just to me if your positioning is all wrong on the post then you've only got yourself to blame.  Whether it was laziness or just a complete cock-up is open to debate ???

For those who've seen the goal, is it definitely across the line BBC Sport said they weren't sure?

Not sure to be honest. They should have had a penalty just before though when Simpson handled the ball twice inside the box so I'm not going to complain about their goal.

Watched this in Tynemouth.  One of the most brain-dead performances I've seen from us in a while.

After 20 minutes we were massively comfortable then we started fucking about in our own half.  Completely hoyed it away today.  Also never saw Ameobi do one thing today that wasn't worthy of me pointing and laughing at him.

I've made my mind up on Pardew now and I can't stand him.  Not arsed if that makes me a whinge, or a bad fan, or owt like that - I don't care.  He's shit and he hasn't got a clue.  I remember when Hughton got sacked and the only point I wasn't massively pissed off was when I thought we might get Martin Jol in.  Employing this div was a sideways step at the very best and I'm fed up with him already.  I've a bad feeling about next year now.

PS: why young Neil Ranger didn't get on the pitch today I'll never know.

Guest neesy111

If you watch he takes a step back in order to head it away, his starting position is no where near as bad as some are making out.

Though that step takes him further in the goal, for most of the play he's behind the goal-line by at least 1/2 a yard when he shouldn't be.  No point in making a good clearance as he did if the ball is already over the line imo.

Thought I will say the corner was defended badly from the onset.

Guest neesy111

Watched this in Tynemouth.  One of the most brain-dead performances I've seen from us in a while.

After 20 minutes we were massively comfortable then we started fucking about in our own half.  Completely hoyed it away today.  Also never saw Ameobi do one thing today that wasn't worthy of me pointing and laughing at him.

I've made my mind up on Pardew now and I can't stand him.  Not arsed if that makes me a whinge, or a bad fan, or owt like that - I don't care.  He's shit and he hasn't got a clue.  I remember when Hughton got sacked and the only point I wasn't massively pissed off was when I thought we might get Martin Jol in.  Employing this div was a sideways step at the very best and I'm fed up with him already.  I've a bad feeling about next year now.

:kneejerk:

We were terrible today. I actually agree with Nessy on the Enrique point, no idea why he was fucking around behind the line.

Nolan was shocking, I think that could have been Tiote's worst game in a black and white shirt. Barton wasnt involved and Jonas was Jonas. Shola was awful, couldnt hold the ball up and fucked uip big time when he was in. Only Krul and Colo came out of that game with any credit.

Guest neesy111

We were terrible today. I actually agree with Nessy on the Enrique point, no idea why he was fucking around behind the line.

Nolan was shocking, I think that could have been Tiote's worst game in a black and white shirt. Barton wasnt involved and Jonas was Jonas. Shola was awful, couldnt hold the ball up and fucked uip big time when he was in. Only Krul and Colo came out of that game with any credit.

Typical NUFC win you think we've turned the corner with a decent performance we put in an absolute turgid one against wank opposition.

It's not kneejerk though, neesy - a loss today wouldn't have even been the end of the world or owt and I know that.

I'm making a wider point about something I've felt for a while.  That we're going nowhere with this chancer in charge.  Would be absolutely delighted to be gloriously proved wrong, and it won't change how I support the team when I go.  Was just saying.

He had no excuses today in terms of players available and yet they couldn't follow through after a promising start.  And it was clear that Ameobi was having a mare after about 15 minutes but he stayed on the pitch until 91 minutes in, and got subbed for Kuqi n'all.

Guest Geordiesned

David says "Welcome to Blackpool" 

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/acf15d56.jpg

We were terrible today. I actually agree with Nessy on the Enrique point, no idea why he was f***ing around behind the line.

Nolan was shocking, I think that could have been Tiote's worst game in a black and white shirt. Barton wasnt involved and Jonas was Jonas. Shola was awful, couldnt hold the ball up and f***ed uip big time when he was in. Only Krul and Colo came out of that game with any credit.

Typical NUFC win you think we've turned the corner with a decent performance we put in an absolute turgid one against w*** opposition.

Just want this season to end, desprately need to identify some strikers to bring in the summer. If we can do that and get Ben Arfa fit, and a couple of others brought in, then im fairly optimistic about next season. We cant do anything with Shola/Loven/Ranger and Kuqi. Disgraceful front line.

After 20 minutes we were massively comfortable then we started f***ing about in our own half.  Completely hoyed it away today.  Also never saw Ameobi do one thing today that wasn't worthy of me pointing and laughing at him.

I've made my mind up on Pardew now and I can't stand him.  Not arsed if that makes me a whinge, or a bad fan, or owt like that - I don't care.  He's s*** and he hasn't got a clue.  I remember when Hughton got sacked and the only point I wasn't massively p*ssed off was when I thought we might get Martin Jol in.  Employing this div was a sideways step at the very best and I'm fed up with him already.  I've a bad feeling about next year now.

I'd say Villa a few weeks ago was worse than this but i agree with the Pardew stuff. He talks a good game but after that he's worryingly not doing any better than Hughton. I also can't shake off those rumours about how he got the job.

Guest neesy111

It's not kneejerk though, neesy - a loss today wouldn't have even been the end of the world or owt and I know that.

I'm making a wider point about something I've felt for a while.  That we're going nowhere with this chancer in charge.  Would be absolutely delighted to be gloriously proved wrong, and it won't change how I support the team when I go.  Was just saying.

He had no excuses today in terms of players available and they couldn't follow through after a promising start.  And it was clear that Ameobi was having a mare after about 15 minutes but he stayed on the pitch until 91 minutes in, and got subbed for Kuqi n'all.

Ever thought it's the players fault at all, hence why under Hughton as well and Pardew performances have flucturated badly ???  The fact is you like a few NUFC fans have an agenda against Pardew because of the way he was brought in and it's an easy excuse for you's to bring out whenever we play badly.

Should remember when under Lord Hughton we lost badly to Blackpool at home when Hughton had a better squad available to him as well, also Pardew has a worse squad than what we had available last season as well.

Guest neesy111

We were terrible today. I actually agree with Nessy on the Enrique point, no idea why he was f***ing around behind the line.

Nolan was shocking, I think that could have been Tiote's worst game in a black and white shirt. Barton wasnt involved and Jonas was Jonas. Shola was awful, couldnt hold the ball up and f***ed uip big time when he was in. Only Krul and Colo came out of that game with any credit.

Typical NUFC win you think we've turned the corner with a decent performance we put in an absolute turgid one against w*** opposition.

Just want this season to end, desprately need to identify some strikers to bring in the summer. If we can do that and get Ben Arfa fit, and a couple of others brought in, then im fairly optimistic about next season. We cant do anything with Shola/Loven/Ranger and Kuqi. Disgraceful front line.

Cover for RB/LB and new CB, cover for both wings and 2 strikers are what needed.

Campbell will leave in the summer.  So that's 5/6 new squad players needed.

Guest Heneage

Jesus H put the keyboard down and o back to throwing your own feces at the cage door.

He had no excuses today in terms of players available and they couldn't follow through after a promising start.  And it was clear that Ameobi was having a mare after about 15 minutes but he stayed on the pitch until 91 minutes in, and got subbed for Kuqi n'all.

Ever thought it's the players fault at all, hence why under Hughton as well and Pardew performances have flucturated badly ???  The fact is you like a few NUFC fans have an agenda against Pardew because of the way he was brought in and it's an easy excuse for you's to bring out whenever we play badly.

Should remember when under Lord Hughton we lost badly to Blackpool at home when Hughton had a better squad available to him as well, also Pardew has a worse squad than what we had available last season as well.

You're the only one basing this on one game here, neesy.

I don't have an agenda against him, I just don't rate him which I think is allowed.  It's becoming increasingly apparent that there was no need to change manager.  I personally think he'll be regarded worse than Souness was in 12 months time, but yeah we'll see.

Also neesy, your point about blaming the players.  It's his job to motivate the players.  Today wasn't make or break but it was an opportunity to get another 3 points on the board and he couldn't get an almost full-strength team up for it.  We're drawing too many games since he came in.  Also in the Man U post-match interview it looked like he was wearing lipstick, which is unforgivable.

Pardew is supposed to be an upgrade on Hughton, he isn't and nothing says that he is apart from some of our fans who seem to think his poor record is good enough.