NUFC summer activity prediction thread

Pilko

I'll be surprised if we spend a significant amount of cash. Why buy N'zogbia when we can get Marveux in on a free. Just Enrique, Gutierrez, Barton, Colo, Tiote left to cash in on now. Hopefully by this time next year he'll have recouped his cash and will finally sell up and fuck off for good.

Improved 3 needed areas for 5 mil, with Ben arfa n gosling back the team will surely be better to watch, have a feeling we will sign around 4 more also. Another striker, and more midfield should see us able to compete top ten at least

We've competed for top 10 (even for better) last season. We have to compete for top 6 next season to have an improvement.

Agreed just did not want to be to optimistic

I'll be surprised if we spend a significant amount of cash. Why buy N'zogbia when we can get Marveux in on a free. Just Enrique, Gutierrez, Barton, Colo, Tiote left to cash in on now. Hopefully by this time next year he'll have recouped his cash and will finally sell up and fuck off for good.

:lol:

We need spend some money. I hope we will  buy N'Zogbia and Sturridge.

Those two would be great signings, would definitely be excited if we could get them

Yep, would be a fantastic window!

Get a good versatile defender and it's WINNING!

:thup:

This. I'm not saying we're doing poor business in this tranfer window. We're buying actually good players for almost nothing. Sadly, by splashing virtually no cash, it seems to me that it's same old Mike Ashley.

I'll be surprised if we spend a significant amount of cash. Why buy N'zogbia when we can get Marveux in on a free. Just Enrique, Gutierrez, Barton, Colo, Tiote left to cash in on now. Hopefully by this time next year he'll have recouped his cash and will finally sell up and f*** off for good.

No evidence to suggest we won't spend the money, free transfers easier to get done first ?

Guest Antec

This. I'm not saying we're doing poor business in this tranfer window. We're buying actually good players for almost nothing. Sadly, by splashing virtually no cash, it seems to me that it's same old Mike Ashley.

Tick tick tick

Guest Mantis

Still in excess of £30m for Pardew to play with.  But given we now have three established left sided midfielders  and Ferguson, plus a fair few centre midfielders, we dont need to spaff any of the money on N'somnia

Still in excess of £30m for Pardew to play with.  But given we now have three established left sided midfielders  and Ferguson, plus a fair few centre midfielders, we dont need to spaff any of the money on N'somnia

I'm still not convinced Pardew will be able to use much of that, I would say 10-15m max.

I would also worry about bringing in too many new players.

Who's our three established left sided midfielders?

Marveaux, from all the reports, is someone who can play on the right as well as on the left.

Ben Arfa is not a left-winger. He's a classic #10, drifting across all positions.

Jonas is our only natural left-winger, and ironically he's right-footed.

And no one seems to be sure of Ferguson's exact position. Pardew has said it's LB, but then why would you want to sign Taylor if you have Ferguson as back up.

Whatever is the case, we could certainly use N'Zogbia if we're planning to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

Well done the board, very impressed with the signings and mentality so far, long may it continue. From a personal point of view if we can get rid of Smith and bring in 2-3 more before the start of the season then I will be a happy man :)

I'll be surprised if we spend a significant amount of cash. Why buy N'zogbia when we can get Marveux in on a free. Just Enrique, Gutierrez, Barton, Colo, Tiote left to cash in on now. Hopefully by this time next year he'll have recouped his cash and will finally sell up and f*** off for good.

So basically, since we have a lot of money, we have to splash it? Despite Ba being a good player and Marveaux seemingly a good player with a decent reputation? No point in splashing cash for the sake of it. It's not like these players are shit and just squad fillers. Ashley does a good job in getting players in on the cheap and he gets slated, would you rather we did a Liverpool and splash 20 mill on someone like Henderson?

Well done the board, very impressed with the signings and mentality so far, long may it continue. From a personal point of view if we can get rid of Smith and bring in 2-3 more before the start of the season then I will be a happy man :)

Yep if we could get rid of at least 2 out of Loven, Ameobi, Guthrie and Smith I would be happy

Are we not overloading certain positions now? I must admit my knowledge of foreign players/signings from abroad is shite, so I could do with some form of current squad list...

My thoughts exactly.

He's running the club how he runs his other businesses with his market trader mentality. If it works then we've got a strong financial footing and a decent squad that cost very little and is on lower than average wages.

If it doesn't work then it's the old case of penny wise, pound foolish.

And ultimately football is a very different industry to flogging sportswear.

So basically, since we have a lot of money, we have to splash it? Despite Ba being a good player and Marveaux seemingly a good player with a decent reputation? No point in splashing cash for the sake of it. It's not like these players are shit and just squad fillers. Ashley does a good job in getting players in on the cheap and he gets slated, would you rather we did a Liverpool and splash 20 mill on someone like Henderson?

Exactly. Maybe a player will become available near the end of the window who will actually require money to buy, and we may be saving the cash for that kind of transfer.

If we can get more highly-rated freebies in, rather than old crocks like Joe Cole, then it can only be a good thing.

Remember we got Jonas through a similar fashion and no one would have complained if we spent £5-7m on him.

Guest Mantis

This is the aim or the SFO can eventually catch up with him.  I think it is highly unlikely we will be lucky enough.  More likely to be watching a toon team playing in Donnay shirts sometime soon.

Guest Mantis

Who's our three established left sided midfielders?

Marveaux, from all the reports, is someone who can play on the right as well as on the left.

Ben Arfa is not a left-winger. He's a classic #10, drifting across all positions.

Jonas is our only natural left-winger, and ironically he's right-footed.

And no one seems to be sure of Ferguson's exact position. Pardew has said it's LB, but then why would you want to sign Taylor if you have Ferguson as back up.

Whatever is the case, we could certainly use N'Zogbia if we're planning to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

Jonas plays left, HBA played left, if he plays elsewhere, great.  Marveaux is LM.  You may like N'somnia, I dont and think he should stay at the big club.

:lol: