Shane Long 5m

out

campbell free

ranger loan

lovenkrands 500k

forster/krul loan

vuckic loan

enrique 10m plus konchiesky to liverpool

I was way off :lol: (thankfully in the cases of the ins)

Same, it's obviously a risk, but I think it was the right decision to let Nolan go and try to evolve our football.

Made exactly the same point on an Everton forum regarding Cahill earlier. Love the bloke for what he's done and couldn't thank him enough, hell, I admire him for what he's done for us over the years. But should we be relying on him to nick a goal here and there from 6 yards? IMO, no. Time to move on (I reckon this year will be his last at us) and look to the future.

I can see a £10-12m striker from the continent, probably France.

A £5-7m relegated striker (C.Cole, Ba, Doyle, etc)

A £4-6m midfielder from France or Holland

A £6-7m left-back in if Enrique leaves.

So fecking close with this one like...deduct £2-3m from my continental striker one. :lol:

I can see a £10-12m striker from the continent, probably France.

A £5-7m relegated striker (C.Cole, Ba, Doyle, etc)

A £4-6m midfielder from France or Holland

A £6-7m left-back in if Enrique leaves.

So fecking close with this one like...deduct £2-3m from my continental striker one. :lol:

Ba was free you fucking loser, nowhere near! ;)

In

Youssef El-Arabi 9m

Pablo Piatti 8m

Toby Alderweireld 8m

Ki Sung-Yeung 5m

Cheikh M'Bengue 4m

Gael Kakuta Loan

Jay Boothroyd Free

Stephen Crainey Free

Sebastian Larsson Free

Total Expenditure: 34m

Out

Jose Enrique 8m

Joey Barton 4m

Wayne Routledge 2m

Ryan Taylor 2m

Nile Ranger (loan)

Shane Ferguson (loan)

Sol Campbell (released)

Various reservists (released)

Total Income: 16m

So far I've managed to get just about every single thing wrong :snod:

• 4 weeks later...

so, it was borderline laughable in the end then?

one thing i'd say about the chronicle questions was a comment from someone that said the owner is working to a different time frame to supporters, this is a magnificent and well thought out point

if the carroll money is spent in the next 10 years, otherwise it's jive

our activity on the whole was good, exits ok for potential good entrances....problem as always is the money not spent

one thing i'd say about the chronicle questions was a comment from someone that said the owner is working to a different time frame to supporters, this is a magnificent and well thought out point

our activity on the whole was good, exits ok for potential good entrances....problem as always is the money not spent

If that's your problem then I'm left scratching my head.

Years and years of wasting money on the likes of Smith (£6m + $$$wages over 5years) does nothing for NUFC on or off the pitch. We've been guilty of this time and time and time again.

So long as the quality is there, I don't have a problem with the £xm spent.

Years and years of wasting money on the likes of Smith (£6m + $$$wages over 5years) does nothing for NUFC on or off the pitch. We've been guilty of this time and time and time again.

always, always with the worst case man...why is it "we could have spent 6m on another smith" when it could have been "we could have spent 6m another enrique" rather than done fuck all???? ???

everyone i think, everyone, agrees with  prudence but presently we're on the wrong side of it imo

there always has to be risk to succeed, we take no risks :(

always, always with the worst case man...why is it "we could have spent 6m on another smith" when it could have been "we could have spent 6m another enrique" rather than done fuck all???? ???

everyone i think, everyone, agrees with  prudence but presently we're on the wrong side of it imo

there always has to be risk to succeed, we take no risks :(

We've have taken plenty of risks in the last few windows, on incomings, and probably to a greater degree on big name outgoings. So far we have done pretty well though in building up a youngish talented squad to be fair to them.

Really, really need a fucking striker mind. Criminal we haven't got one yet.