European U21 Championship

Guest sicko2ndbest

You wouldn't know Ukraine had made 5 changes to their team.

For a team that you might historically consider to be rigid and well drilled, they're playing some really nice fluid football. Ukraine that is, not England. Same old rigid, direct football, that's relying on physical prowess.

Bit of a generalisation but players being more exposed & influenced by the South American style due to the influx of Brazilians in the league?

Must say Danny Rose lookslike the quintessential English winger, head down, pace, nowt else although I have heard he was 'reet at LB for Spurs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

England player has the ball, and his team mate is like 15-20 yards away. Very little supporting play on offer. I was trying to defend Stuart Pearce as the right choice for U21 Manager, but if this is his idea, then I'll have to take it back. These direct/long balls over the top, or in behind the full back aren't working. The forwards lock fed up with them.

You wouldn't know Ukraine had made 5 changes to their team.

For a team that you might historically consider to be rigid and well drilled, they're playing some really nice fluid football. Ukraine that is, not England. Same old rigid, direct football, that's relying on physical prowess.

Bit of a generalisation but players being more exposed & influenced by the South American style due to the influx of Brazilians in the league?

Must say Danny Rose lookslike the quintessential English winger, head down, pace, nowt else although I have heard he was 'reet at LB for Spurs.

Possibly, but I'll hold my hands up and say my knowledge of Ukraine's league, and it's youth players is terrible. Been really surprised by the two games I've seen them play so far.

Decent effort from Sturridge, didn't use to rate him, but he's looked really good the last 8 months. That shot coming from the first bit of football in and around the middle of the park!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not going well again I gather?

Nah, been terrible. Ball over the top, or in behind the fullbacks everytime.

oh wait, Welbeck just missed a decent chance from a ball over the top.  :lol:

I'm not going to lie I've seen better games this season.

Is the game better than our 0-0 against Fulham this season?

Yes.

---

Danny Wellbeck misses an absolute sitter.

Not going well again I gather?

Nah, been terrible. Ball over the top, or in behind the fullbacks everytime.

oh wait, Welbeck just missed a decent chance from a ball over the top.  :lol:

That's good to hear :laugh: :doh:

Guest north shields lad

This is awful football. Its so predictable its unreal. The ball completly bi passes the midfield.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This is awful football. Its so predictable its unreal. The ball completly bi passes the midfield.

Aye, which is suppose to be all technically great and stuff now. Horrid.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I keep jolting up when the commentators go 'JORDAN HENDERSON!', not in a huge way, more like the way you suddenly jolt up when you're reading in the bath and start to drift asleep.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Are we technically shit or are we just scared?

We're England. Really don't know what else I can say.

May as well be playing 1-2-7