European U21 Championship

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pretty much went as expected. Spain were predictably far superior technically, much like they are superior to every other country in Europe. Walker was impressive, Mancienne's selection ahead of Rodwell was bamboozling and Henderson did nothing, shock horror.

Pretty much went as expected. Spain were predictably far superior technically, much like they are superior to every other country in Europe. Walker was impressive, Mancienne's selection ahead of Rodwell was bamboozling and Henderson did nothing, shock horror.

Mean while:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=276619.480

Right, I'm away for a brain scan tomorrow like. It seems to be unable to pick up what is blatantly a world class midfielders superb passing play...

All the way to the 2nd post on that page to find this:

Looking very good at the simple passing. No doubt he'll enjoy playing in our pass and move football (hopefully)

:icon_puke_r:

All the way to the 2nd post on that page to find this:

Looking very good at the simple passing. No doubt he'll enjoy playing in our pass and move football (hopefully)

:icon_puke_r:

You guys might win the Merseyside derbies next season. He shits it in high pressure matches like that!

2/3 years before he comes out of his shell. Who knows with Kenny, maybe even quicker. Not expecting too much from him next season though.

This post makes me want to grab the poster by the face and scream 'ARE YOU FUCKING MENTAL.'

For around the same price as Henderson you could probably get Javi Martinez or Thiago Alcantara.....scary.

Martinez is like a Xabi Alonso clone. Spain were definitely dominant but England did well to hang in.

Just got back in so I didn't see the match but I saw Pearce's interview and he said "if we had as much possession as they did tonight then we'd have won about 4 or 5 nil.  So fair play to us for staying in the game".

I know what he's saying but they were never going to dominate possession tonight, were they?