Sammy Ameobi released

James

Guest Howaythetoon

Rob Hulse? Not having that one like :lol:

Can't remember saying Shola was better than Trezeguet either.

I stand by my opinion of Ashton who for me was a better footballer or all-rounder than Torres. Note I didn't say goalscorer.

Collins John beats them all though :lol:

Shearer over Ronaldo.

Not that I want to throw stones at HTT, because he's generally a good poster. Just incredibly biased towards his favourites.

A few on here said that like. Honestly could not believe it.

That's why I like Shola and don't mind his presence here at Newcastle because he's worked his way into the team the hard way, from the streets through the academy and from the bench, via many managers and star players ahead of him, all bought at huge cost and wages and he's always put the club first whenever injured. He's also taken huge stick over the years, sometimes justified but not always. I like him because he'sa  good guy, a decent person, someone who you just know appreciates his job and everything that goes with it, someone who would never take the p*ss. He respects the club and fans and his profession and in many ways his story is what football is all about or should be, he and his story hark back to the days of Wor Jackie. Local lads from nowt working their way through into the first-team and when there actually having an impact. Yeah Shola isn't a great player, but he's done enough (for me anyway) in our shirt, to justify his place at NUFC, be it on the bench or in the first-team if other options are not available for whatever reason. When he does play, over the course of a season, he contributes enough. Far more than the likes of Martins, Owen, Viduka, Car Cort, Duncan Ferguson and other big name, big money, high earning former Toon players ever did. Shola is a role model on and off the pitch really. He's someone who has made the most of a modicrum of talent and he's done it the right way. Its also good to see his much more talented brother seems to share his attitude and good honest down to earth personality too because he'll need it more than his talent to actually make it. Good read and further good press for the club.

...and yet he's still shit.

Shearer over Ronaldo.

Not that I want to throw stones at HTT, because he's generally a good poster. Just incredibly biased towards his favourites.

A few on here said that like. Honestly could not believe it.

I certainly could.

Nice pair of lads to be fair, never given us a moments hassle off the field. When at the match, I'll never criticise Shola. He's bought us a lot of great memories along the way.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I can't believe Sammy got expelled from School, seems like such a nice, god fearing lad.

I'd have expelled anyone related to Shola like :)

I can't believe Sammy got expelled from School, seems like such a nice, god fearing lad.

Eh, what for? :lol: Never heard that before.

I'm certain it's been mentioned a few times, I could be making it up but I'm 99% sure I'm not :lol: