Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

"More incoming on the #brfc v #mufc Phil Jones stand-off. Now Rovers want to know how United knew about the £16m get-out and may complain."

Was it not common knowledge?

So how can they have a clause in his contract if they're gonna complain if anyone finds out about it?  :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking :lol: "You can go for this much AS LONG AS NO-ONE FINDS OUT ABOUT IT, RIGHT!?".

To be fair, I imagine the point of it is that if someone bids less then they can keep rejecting it and the player cannot force a move. If bids reach that or more then they're satisfied. Not so that someone can find out what it is and simply bid that amount, like it's his predetermined price. They want bidding to get to that level organically and hopefully go beyond it.

If we didn't know about Cabaye's clause (and assuming we wanted him anyway), would we really have bid so low as £4.5m? I doubt it.

To be fair, I imagine the point of it is that if someone bids less then they can keep rejecting it and the player cannot force a move. If bids reach that or more then they're satisfied. Not so that someone can find out what it is and simply bid that amount, like it's his predetermined price. They want bidding to get to that level organically and hopefully go beyond it.

If we didn't know about Cabaye's clause (and assuming we wanted him anyway), would we really have bid so low as £4.5m? I doubt it.

Good points, now stop making me look silly, I can do that perfectly well on my own.

Mail on Sunday say Man United's deal for Phil Jones is off, and suggest Arsenal may join Liverpool in a bidding war now.

How is it a bidding war if there's a clause? It's as simple as yay or nay, surely?

Mail on Sunday say Man United's deal for Phil Jones is off, and suggest Arsenal may join Liverpool in a bidding war now.

How is it a bidding war if there's a clause? It's as simple as yay or nay, surely?

Wage bidding war?

"Background: United and Arsenal activated Jones' buy out clause by offering over £16.5m. Blackburn's owners refute the clause and want more."

:lol: What planet are they on? Can they do that?

@Smudge1962 Paul Smith

@lundo88 @christopherEvo I received a text from Jones agent 30 minutes ago to say the deal was completed.

1 hour ago via web

That's the chap from the Sunday Mirror.

"Background: United and Arsenal activated Jones' buy out clause by offering over £16.5m. Blackburn's owners refute the clause and want more."

:lol: What planet are they on? Can they do that?

i think they'll try but they don't seem to have a grasp of football

@Smudge1962 Paul Smith

@lundo88 @christopherEvo I received a text from Jones agent 30 minutes ago to say the deal was completed.

1 hour ago via web

That's the chap from the Sunday Mirror.

The new Steve Wraith?

Nah just read the back page Liverpool offering £22m... not surprised with their bizarre transfer dealings offering more than a release clause...

So 19 year old Phil Jones who's played about 30 games for Blackburn Rovers is gonna be about the 6th most expensive defender of all time.  Makes sense.

Nah just read the back page Liverpool offering £22m... not surprised with their bizarre transfer dealings offering more than a release clause...

So 19 year old Phil Jones who's played about 30 games for Blackburn Rovers is gonna be about the 6th most expensive defender of all time.  Makes sense.

Yep :laugh:

Whatever, more they spend on unproven/potentially average Englishmen, the less they have to spend on Enrique.

Hopefully they'll just go spend £50m on Stephen Warnock instead :laugh: