Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Don't really see him as a natural winger. But I guess he's the closest we come to having one.

Either do I at all but that's what I thought he was. Not enough pace for the wing in the premiership in my opinion unless he is deployed like Barton is, which isn't really a winger.

Uruguay paper Ovacion has confirmed that Liverpool have signed Sebastian Coates for a fee of 6.5 million US dollars.

Beeew. Hopefully he'll flop. Tor-Kristian Karlsen likes him, as many other European scouts he'd talked to, but everyone reckoned he was a too big of a risk.

Maybe I did read that after all. $6.5m is a lot of money for a Uruguayan club and I'd imagine there are add ons. Fail to see how he is a risk personally. He's come off the back of a fantastic season but you don't perform in the Copa America unless you've got something about you plus he is a big, physical player so that shouldn't be a problem. Only concern would be the pace of the game but that is the same with any foreign import. Having Suarez will probably help a great deal too.

Different sums reported all over. Jen Chang reckon it's $11.5M (£7M).

He also pretty much nails the positives and the negatives of Coates:

- "Needs to make better use of his size, be more physical, unproven in Europe."

+ "Very positive in the more 'unteachable' traits, e.g. calm, decision making, reading the game well & positional instincts."

Friedel

Walker    Dawson      Kaboul    BAE

Diarra      Sandro

Lennon              VDV              Bale

Adebayor

Assuming Modric leaves and Diarra comes in... very strong.

Modric won't leave (imo).  Still very confident of that.

I'm jelly.

:sadnod:

Though indicative of the way the game has been headed, £365k per week is rather a good return. It's enough to turn anyone's head, particularly someone that has already accomplished achievements for which most footballers strive.

How much did they pay Inter for him, just out of interest?

f*** everything about that

http://www.6dollarshirts.com/submissions/large/1290844722.jpg

No, it makes me sick.  50k/w is ridiculous already, 350k is obscene.

Hope he likes getting pelted with bananas.

Hope he likes getting pelted with bananas.

http://www.profilebrand.com/funny-pictures/category/animated/182_thats-racist.gif

It's in reference to this:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Russian-football-to-launch-anti-racism-campaign-after-Roberto-Carlos-banana-incident-article752263.html

edit: I know it's fucking racist :lol:  I guess when you're getting paid that much one might not care about the shithouse league/fans.  Which, imo, makes one an even bigger cunt.

Just watching Lukaku's press conference there. Really good to see how humble he is, talking about how he's still starstruck talking to the likes of Terry and Drogba. Can't wait to see how he does in the Premiership.

Just watching Lukaku's press conference there. Really good to see how humble he is, talking about how he's still starstruck talking to the likes of Terry and Drogba. Can't wait to see how he does in the Premiership.

Unimaginably badly if the Gods be kind. O0

Unimaginably badly if the Gods be kind. O0

Hope does well. Same with Chelsea. Man Utd, Spurs and Liverpool - not so much.