Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

L'Equipe are reporting that Park Chu-Young will sign for Lille today for €3m - and extra €2m will be paid if he doesn't do military service. Great deal. Where were we?

:rant:

Oh well, glad he'll get to play in the CL at least.

Spuds will have done well keeping Modric for this season. With the squad they have, and the way they play football, I can see them quietly sneaking up on Arsenal and Liverpool and pipping both for 4th spot. I didn't think he'd stay, but credit to the jowly cockney pensioner and his chairman for sticking to their guns on this one. If Modric has the desire to continue to play for his manager, they'll do very well this season imo.

Apparently Arsenal had a bid of £6m rejected for Gary Cahill.

.... and people think we're cheap :lol:

Do Arsenal think we are still in the year 2000? He's certainley not worth the £20mill touted but he will cost at least double what Arsenal have apparently offered.

It all fits in with us following the Arsenal model.

Sell a player - no need to replace him

Desperate for a centre half - but a young winger

Make a lot of money from player sales - spend nothing

We are delighted to announce the signing of Yago Falque on a season-long loan from Juventus.

The Spain Under-21 attacking midfielder, a European Under-17 Championship winner with Spain in 2007, joined Juventus from Barcelona in August, 2008 and spent last season on loan at Spanish second division side Villareal B where he scored 11 goals in 36 games.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ar ... oan-250811

Any good Village?

Decent prospect, but I don't think he's good enough for your level. I think he'd been better off at Rayo Vallecano, myself.

£22m bid for M'Vila from Arsenal. Blimey.

According to the Guardian.

And for some reason they didn't bid that for Mata, a guy who scored or assisted 30 goals last season. :facepalm:

I thought they did? Mata said he turned down approaches from Arsenal and Spurs because he wanted to win things, which is why he chose Chelsea. Or something along those lines.

£22m bid for M'Vila from Arsenal. Blimey.

According to the Guardian.

And for some reason they didn't bid that for Mata, a guy who scored or assisted 30 goals last season. :facepalm:

I thought they did? Mata said he turned down approaches from Arsenal and Spurs because he wanted to win things, which is why he chose Chelsea. Or something along those lines.

Oh right, I missed that.

Sam Baldock having a medical at West Ham.

Thought Southampton had come in for him?

Terrible move for the guy, going to play for fat Sam Allrdyce.

Anyway, at least that should allow for Carlton ole to sign for us now.

:)

Guest kingdawson

West ham confirm we're talking to them regarding Scott Parker. Would be very happy with this.

Is that to go with Diarra? Or is that deal officially dead?

redknapp said yesterday it's very much alive but I doubt it. If you look at my posts from weeks back I did say I'd have prefered we get Parker over diarra when diarra was looking the most likely. Diarra offers nothing going forward IMO and I prefer sandro anyway. Parker on the other hand is a box to box combatitive cm and we dont have anyone like that in the team.

Guest icemanblue

West ham confirm we're talking to them regarding Scott Parker. Would be very happy with this.

redknapp said yesterday it's very much alive but I doubt it. If you look at my posts from weeks back I did say I'd have prefered we get Parker over diarra when diarra was looking the most likely. Diarra offers nothing going forward IMO and I prefer sandro anyway. Parker on the other hand is a box to box combatitive cm and we dont have anyone like that in the team.

Don't forget the patented 'Parker Pirouette'. It's a fans favourite.

Spurs have arguably the best DM in the league in Sandro, aswell as Huddlestone.  Why the need for Parker?

Huddlestone's not really a DM, like.

I agree generally though, don't see the point. Mainly because I think Parker is a crock of shit.

If you loved the sideways passes from Jenas, then you're in for a treat with Parker.

Guest taps01

You are in for a shock!