Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I would have left NUFC too tbf. No way I'd want to work for these dickfucks.

Good to see all those with that attitude being fucked off out of the club with their overblown salaries in any case. Enrique's still the only one I'll miss and he's the only one who went to a decent club.

I mean, that's probably fair tbh. If you've got a work situation where you hate the boss, it's best for both parties that you get outta there.

QPR could've paid me the exact same money as NUFC and I still would've gone.

I can't see how there's any way you can unequivocally state that Joey only went for the money. He had plenty of other reasons too. And there's no way of truly knowing, given that everyone involved in the ordeal is a lying cunt.

Because he was talking about ambition, then left to a club looking like a strong relegation candidate but for inflated money :dontknow:

Do you honestly believe long term QPR will be better than us while Barton is there?

I believe it'd be better for him because his relationship with the board was untenable.

Anyway, as I say, everyone involved is a lying cunt, so I'd hazard a guess to say that Joey didn't go there because he truly thought they were gonna waltz the league or whatever, but I wouldn't say it was ever as simple as "He went because he's a mercenary cunt who just wanted more money". He was at a job where his relationship with the owners was awful, there's no way I would've wanted to continue on like that. No good for anyone.

I see your point but I think football is a very different environment and he would rarely ever see or hear from his owners. The contact would be with the manager, coaches, fans and fellow players and from what I could see none of them had a single problem with him.

Must have helped his decision getting the extra cash, also looked like Stoke were very interested and by his claims 4-5 clubs were in for him. I wonder why he chose QPR rather than taking a sideways step.

Guest icemanblue

I'm still dumbfounded at Hargreaves to Man City. :lol:

Heard  they were after Van Bommel as well. Mancini's eyes must light up when he sees a player who can play central defensive midfield.

Or his eyes bleed when he sees Gareth Barry?

I'm still dumbfounded at Hargreaves to Man City. :lol:

Very clever move.

Man United pay £17m for player, pay massive wages, get 27 games out of him over 4 years.

Fierce rivals pick him up for free, pay modest wages and if gamble comes off he becomes a useful player.

Problem rivals?  :troll:

The person who broke all the original news on Cesc first has text somebody I know saying we've made an offer for Gourcuff, very good player but after the Götze name being bandied about it's a little, oh.

Still a VERY good player!

Hargreaves can be a quality player who doesn't necessarily need to play all that often. Giving squad depth without bringing on the issues of the moaning fringe who think they should be starting.

Obviously, his injury record is beyond atrocious, but it's no big deal to City if he ends up unable to play, but he could definitely add something when he's fit. If that ever happens.

The person who broke all the original news on Cesc first has text somebody I know saying we've made an offer for Gourcuff, very good player but after the Götze name being bandied about it's a little, oh.

Still a VERY good player!

But you'll still end up signing Gary Wellmouth from Minehead-upon-sea.

I expect this is just gamesmanship from Wenger.

They've just signed Mertesacker and already have Vermaelen, who is outstanding. Think they're done with you guys.

Vermaelen will not be third choice, and Mertesacker and Cahill wouldn't come in to be third choice either.

English players cost too much. They're done.