Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Martins to Levante finalised.

Surprised that he's still only 27 (I know, I know...)

Is the transfer window simply irrelevant at this point? :lol: Can he actually play?

Good for him, anyway.

He was released by Kazan, so Levante picked him on a free. Can't play in the EL but he's cleared for La Liga.

Levante has built its success by being Home of the Second Chances, so maybe they can work their magic on him too. If he retains his pace it should fit well in Levante's counter style.

Scored on what I assume was his debut. Seemed pretty good from the highlights I saw. Still very quick. The goal was just him rubbishing two defenders for pace and beating the keeper. Even did backflips :lol:.

He also seemed to have absolutely no idea about the offside rule, scored a couple from two miles offside. All in just 45 minutes though, he should do well for them.

The pitch looked unreal

• 2 weeks later...

We've thrillingly brought in Thomas Hitzlsperger.

What's the thinking behind that? Didn't think you were short of midfielders?

Not severely, but a) Fellaini and Gibson are both struggling with injuries currently and b) ANYONE but Phil Neville in central midfield, please.

I feel for him in a way cos it's not like he's a total fraud in the Alan Smith sense. He will run all day for the team, and he's clearly done a lot of work whilst injured. He's just got zilch in the way of Premier League CM attributes. I don't know anything that he's good at (stamina aside).

Guest neesy111

Have Gosling back.

:lol: How's Dan getting along?

Guess....

Works hard but has nothing he's particularly any good at?

Goes missing in games and is always fecking injured.

Radamel Falcao is a player who could make a difference to Manchester City and may be their top target in January, according to the club's chief scout.

Falcao has enhanced his reputation as one of the finest strikers in world football since joining Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2011 and is reportedly now being coveted by a number of clubs.

While Atletico insist they have no intention of selling the Colombian in the New Year and are confident he will stay, Manchester City chief scout Carlo Cancellieri has indicated that he would like to see a deal done.

Cancellieri believes City should prioritise a move for Falcao over their pursuit of other reported targets, such as Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina, as there are very few players capable of improving the current squad.

Asked about Jovetic, Cancellieri told tuttomercatoweb.com: "He is an interesting player, he has quality. But in attack City are already good, we're happy with Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli.

"Moreover, I believe that our players are better than Jovetic. He is a very good player, but he is not one who could make a difference such as Falcao.

"I spoke about him in recent days with (Roberto) Mancini. If we were to take a player in January, we should take Falcao.

"He is an important player, the only one who could make us take the leap."

Cancellieri also declared that City were admirers of two Spanish World Cup-winners, but admitted they were unlikely to leave Barcelona.

He said: "A midfielder? We like Busquets and Fabregas a lot, but Barcelona don't want to give these two players."