Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Wow, what a cuntish thing to do. I guess at least they won't sell us Bent now..

Bent will still be going.

Could stop any deal until a replacement for Benteke is sorted though.  Which might just be long enough for us to escape a fate worse than death.

Honestly, there's more chance of me playing for Villa next season than Bent.

And I am 45. And not a keeper.

Or indeed a footballer.

I don't think he'll stay, I'm saying that the club may take the view that selling two strikers before  bringing in any replacements is the wrong way to go.  Which might delay any sale of Bent while they focus on the Benteke sale and his replacement, I have to have some hope here.. :(

Seriously, not a prayer.

Too much water under the bridge.

Last summer we sent Warnock and Hutton to train with the kids, despite it meaning us playing the whole season with two full backs with a combined age of about Shay Given.

There's zero chance of Bent staying.  And to be honest, I wouldn't be too concerned if he did. He won't, though.

No matter what you say I have to believe this has given us a chance, even a small delay could be enough, you can't take away my hope! :'(

Could stop any deal until a replacement for Benteke is sorted though.  Which might just be long enough for us to escape a fate worse than death.

Or indeed a footballer.

I don't think he'll stay, I'm saying that the club may take the view that selling two strikers before  bringing in any replacements is the wrong way to go.  Which might delay any sale of Bent while they focus on the Benteke sale and his replacement, I have to have some hope here.. :(

Seriously, not a prayer.

Last summer we sent Warnock and Hutton to train with the kids, despite it meaning us playing the whole season with two full backs with a combined age of about Shay Given.

There's zero chance of Bent staying.  And to be honest, I wouldn't be too concerned if he did. He won't, though.

No matter what you say I have to believe this has given us a chance, even a small delay could be enough, you can't take away my hope! :'(

I don't know why you're all so bothered.

He's a very good goalscorer.

it's not like we're talking about Danny Graham, is it?

Have you been linked to other strikers to replace him and/or Bent?

I trust Lambert far more than any Villa manager of recent years.

It's great how upbeat all Brum fans I met (ok, all two of you and a lad I met in the US) are about Lambert, despite a supposedly disappointing season table-wise. :thup:

Or indeed a footballer.

Seriously, not a prayer.

I don't know why you're all so bothered.

He's a very good goalscorer.

it's not like we're talking about Danny Graham, is it?

Its nothing to do with his ability in front of goal.  It comes down to him being the total opposite of what we need.  We already have a player who's a poacher and doesn't do much outside the area (though at least Cisse sometimes scores the spectacular long range effort and in the past has linked up ok with others).  The last thing we need added to the first team is a player who does absolutely zero outside the box.  Especially when I just know Pardew will see him as a first team regular.

If it's Chelsea, then Chelsea should be banned from football altogether.

They have a 35 men player squad already. It's mental they keep signing players left and right, and loan them just so other teams can't get them.

Like fuck them. Despicable team, despicable captain, despicable fans, despicable manager.

just wipe them off the map already. Fuck off Chelsea FC

Charlie Austin failed his Hull medical

Gutter for Burnley, looks like they'll now lose him on a free at the end of the season. Should injury, dislocated it 3 times since 2010, but hasn't missed a game in ages.

Prob as a backup. They already have 2 good defenders in Jags and Distin. Not sure if Heitinga is still around?

Hopefully we sell Heitinga. He's on £60-65k a week and isn't worth anything like it.

Would be happy having Jags, Distin, Alcaraz and Duffy as the 4 centre backs next season. Unless Martinez is planning on playing 5 at the back, in which case, we'd need another cover player.