Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Hmm if a strong motivator like Harry can't make anything out of him despite desperately needing survival, I doubt (m)any other managers can get a consistent streak out of him.

Him and Holliett are 2 supposedly talented players and yet they weren't involved much in the dogfight and I think that tells you quite a bit.

I think, based on the second half of last season, he's got the potential to be amongst the best players around.

He's still rough around the edges, though. I've never seen a player get offside so often, for example, and sometimes his first touch is abysmal.

I think this coming season is crucial for him, it really is. If he goes somewhere he's not going to get a run of starts, like Chelsea, I think there's every chance he'll go backwards, quickly. He also needs the team set up to play around him, which is what we did last year.

He's a twat, really. He needed to stay, have a decent season and build on what he achieved last year, go to the world cup, do ok there, and he could basically move anywhere he wants. Instead, he's got involved in all this unseemliness instead.

Meh, I suppose I can take Thiago going to Bayern better than going to ManU, Pep's there afterall, which is a strong reason for him.

Of course, there'll be all the hair pulling about "Pep's betrayed us!!!" for weeks, but I don't care much about that. Bayern Munich's manager should look after Bayern Munich's interest, not Barça's.

Redcafe is in meltdown, so at least I'm entertained.

I think, based on the second half of last season, he's got the potential to be amongst the best players around.

He's still rough around the edges, though. I've never seen a player get offside so often, for example, and sometimes his first touch is abysmal.

I think this coming season is crucial for him, it really is. If he goes somewhere he's not going to get a run of starts, like Chelsea, I think there's every chance he'll go backwards, quickly. He also needs the team set up to play around him, which is what we did last year.

He's a t***, really. He needed to stay, have a decent season and build on what he achieved last year, go to the world cup, do ok there, and he could basically move anywhere he wants. Instead, he's got involved in all this unseemliness instead.

Benteke is in the perfect situation at Villa imo.

Spearheading a young and upcoming team. No reason to leave just one season after breaking through.

Slow down young man, slow down ...

Aye Benteke's an absolute idiot for wanting to go to Chelsea. At Villa, he's in the perfect situation to start fulfilling the masses of potential he has.

He should put the feelers out for a move to Spurs since they lost out on David Villa. Think he would be perfect for them.

Guest Roger Kint

Jealous of them for a couple of reasons but signing Bony for £12m isn't one of them.

For their manager i am, not so much for signing Bony for that. We wouldnt pay it for Pea so no hope of paying it for a lesser player.

I wasn't referring to Bony in particular, just that they're actually ambitious with a decent manager to take the risk in the first place.

Does this make sense though? Surely making signings is either good or bad 100% dependent on who the player is? I'm jealous of their manager obviously... but there's nothing about their transfer strategy that suggests it's any better than ours at the moment. Exception being Michu if he keeps it up.

Guest Roger Kint

I wasn't referring to Bony in particular, just that they're actually ambitious with a decent manager to take the risk in the first place.

Does this make sense though? Surely making signings is either good or bad 100% dependent on who the player is? I'm jealous of their manager obviously... but there's nothing about their transfer strategy that suggests it's any better than ours at the moment. Exception being Michu if he keeps it up.

He had to threaten to walk out to get that money as well, club were put over a barrel in public by Laudrup and caved in to his demand for more cash. Anyone think Pardew could get away with that? :lol:

Bruma, the next big thing from Sporting academy, winger as C. Ronaldo, Simão Sabrosa, Ricardo Quaresma, Luis Figo, Paulo Futre etc, alledges the contract he signed some years with Sporting is now invalid. Basically he did very well in this last youth cup and he wants much more money.

Sporting is trying to talk to the player but his lawyer and agent are hiding the player from Sporting's chairman. Very odd situation.

Bruma missed the train today and Sporting's chairman sent some messages trough the press to Pinto da Costa (Porto's chairman) who's probably behind all this. The same thing happened to Paulo Futre some decades ago, when he said that didn't have psicological capacities to continue to play for Sporting and signed for Porto on a free. Weird argument.

Game on.

Portuguese football :lol:

He had to threaten to walk out to get that money as well, club were put over a barrel in public by Laudrup and caved in to his demand for more cash. Anyone think Pardew could get away with that? :lol:

No but i'd like him to so we don't end up going into the season with Shola, Cisse and Gouffran