Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Sounds like Dempsey might be transfer listed, predictable really

Unfortunate. Never really fit with Spurs plans I guess. He'll do the business somewhere else.

Apparently getting rid of Adebayor too. They seriously need the striker they have been looking for ages.

Guest Phil K

It's getting utterly ridiculous.

A slim squad to start with, and we are letting players go, and making NO signings ourselves, and the excuse that that ******* Kinnear is on holiday just shows us up to be even worse than WE think

Other clubs transfers - thats all we CAN talk about.....

Chelsea loaned Oriol Romeu to Valencia.

Haven't made my mind up on him yet. He's had just as many good performanes for Chelsea as he has bad for me. Can't see him being anything great that's for sure.

I think Oriol is rubbish personally. Or he has been in England at least whenever I've seen him.

Also,

Regardless of the number he's been allocated, I think Dempsey at Tottenham will go much the way of Pienaar at Tottenham. I think Pienaar is actually a better footballer at the end of things.

I think he's much better as the big dog in a small yard. Some midtable team (or Newcastle) would do very well to sign him. Good player.

Apparently a big sticking point for Dempsey last offseason was that he remain in London, as his family his pretty firmly entrenched there. Whether or not that'll hold true if he leaves this summer remains to be seen. That'd basically leave doors open at Fulham, West Ham, and Crystal Palace, with Fulham being the most likely destination.

I think he'd do well in Italy or Germany, but I don't know if he wants to leave the country.

Speaking of Fulham, I wonder what will become of Stockdale now that they've signed Stekelenburg. I always thought the plan was for Schwarzer to hand over the reins to Stockdale when he retired. Think he's a good keeper, can probably start at this level.

Speaking of Fulham, I wonder what will become of Stockdale now that they've signed Stekelenburg. I always thought the plan was for Schwarzer to hand over the reins to Stockdale when he retired. Think he's a good keeper, can probably start at this level.

Yeah, it's weird. He was at Hull (and did a good job) last season. IIRC Fulham wouldn't sell him to them though.

:thup:

Just read that Hull signed former Rangers keeper Allan McGregor a couple weeks ago. Guess he's in-line to start for them.

Linked with Steve Harper too apparently.

It's getting utterly ridiculous.

A slim squad to start with, and we are letting players go, and making NO signings ourselves, and the excuse that that ******* Kinnear is on holiday just shows us up to be even worse than WE think

Other clubs transfers - thats all we CAN talk about.....

Quite a good summary of how poorly this football club is ran.

Some of the prices going about for players is ridiculous.  12.5M for Wanyama. :yikes:

Utter madness. He's alright, but a bit of an oaf. Not surprised he was good here though because he is strong. Look at fucking Michael Higdon. Technically the world's worst player but got bags of goals.

Higher TV income means that in 'real' terms (relative to a club's income), these fees aren't quite as extravagant as they appear. Crazy how inflated prices going into the English market are though, generally.

Higher TV income means that in 'real' terms (relative to a club's income), these fees aren't quite as extravagant as they appear. Crazy how inflated prices going into the English market are though, generally.

That's it. They are when you compare them against the wider market - ie players outside the UK.

8mil for Ince seems slightly expensive imo also.

The prices are high but the clubs are paying them. Going for it so to speak.

8m for Ince is fucking nuts.

It's the going rate for that sort of player. How much has Zaha cost ManU? Into double figures (or eight), isn't it?

It's the going rate for that sort of player. How much has Zaha cost ManU? Into double figures (or eight), isn't it?

Zaha is class though. I think we paid 12 for him but it can rise to 15.

Hold your horses, he's good and he has massive potential, but I wouldn't say he's that good yet.

He hasn't done as much as Ince has at that level though. I think he will suit your game long-term though not just due to his footballing ability but also his physicality.