Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

This club has a long history of taking chances with an equally long list of failures to go with it. Had we not f***ed up in the past maybe we'd be in a better position to sign players in the future. That £100m debt didn't come from making smart decisions.

I'm sure other clubs were crying over us in January

I think we will get Gomis btw.

A large part of the debt did come from making good decisions, the largest came from employing the wrong managers and trying to bail the wrong managers out, mainly Souness.

Guest neesy111

I'm sure other clubs were crying over us in January

I'd be gutted having to watch another club with one goalscorer on their books pay £1.5m for Gouffran, like. Total envy.

Remember we sold Ba for 9m that window.

Guest bimpy474

As usual, it's a choice between spending nothing (yes, that's NOTHING) at the most in terms of net expenditure over the course of Ashley's tenure, and spending fucking fortunes, putting the final nail in the coffin of a once great club as they become the next Leeds/Portsmouth/Coventry.

There's no such thing as moderate spending each and every window to improve the squad and not leave massive gaps all over it.  It's one extreme or the other.  Bankruptcy or ridiculously over-zealous prudence, pick your side on this forum and make sure you stick to it.

Mad isn't it, not one of us can say, lets be sensible and spend a moderate amount without be accused of trying to bankrupt the club, and those who say that are then accused of swallowing Ashley line.

Internet fecking mental.

As usual, it's a choice between spending nothing (yes, that's NOTHING) at the most in terms of net expenditure over the course of Ashley's tenure, and spending fucking fortunes, putting the final nail in the coffin of a once great club as they become the next Leeds/Portsmouth/Coventry.

There's no such thing as moderate spending each and every window to improve the squad and not leave massive gaps all over it.  It's one extreme or the other.  Bankruptcy or ridiculously over-zealous prudence, pick your side on this forum and make sure you stick to it.

:thup:

It's the meltdown on here every single time another club signs someone though man. Pathetic. I don't give a shite how much other clubs spend tbh, or even us. I just want to see us with a good squad and I think we're only 2 players away from that, whether we spend £1.5m or £15m.

It's the meltdown on here every single time another club signs someone though man. Pathetic. I don't give a shite how much other clubs spend tbh, or even us. I just want to see us with a good squad and I think we're only 2 players away from that, whether we spend £1.5m or £15m.

We don't have nearly a good enough squad to compensate for Pardew's ineptitude. Especially when the best players rarely see the pitch at the same time and are often played out of position.

It's the meltdown on here every single time another club signs someone though man. Pathetic. I don't give a s**** how much other clubs spend tbh, or even us. I just want to see us with a good squad and I think we're only 2 players away from that, whether we spend £1.5m or £15m.

People are only mentioning the spend of other clubs because we need players.  I'm sure everybody would be more than happy to get the players we clearly need for nothing.

It's the meltdown on here every single time another club signs someone though man. Pathetic. I don't give a s**** how much other clubs spend tbh, or even us. I just want to see us with a good squad and I think we're only 2 players away from that, whether we spend £1.5m or £15m.

We don't have nearly a good enough squad to compensate for Pardew's ineptitude. Especially when the best players rarely see the pitch at the same time and are often played out of position.

The manager is a separate matter. We have a group of 16-17 imo who I'm happy with in terms of first XI and squad players, we don't need that much to add to it.

It's not meltdown, it's frustration, bewilderment and jealousy at other teams showing enough ambition to move their clubs forward. That ambition just isn't present at this football club. There is virtually no willingness to invest or improve the team at a time when most clubs are doing just that.

The manager is a separate matter. We have a group of 16-17 imo who I'm happy with in terms of first XI and squad players, we don't need that much to add to it.

Agreed, but successful teams have good squads in addition to competent management. We've got half of the equation sorted, it's not enough to compete at a high level.

We desperately need those 2 players (striker and winger) though, or else we're going to see a lot more of Shola and Jonas again this year, yet we've hummed and harred and talked wank in the press about how difficult it is to sign players.  Of course people will be pissed off when they see other clubs getting on with making signings.

Guest neesy111

Football is all about risk.  Every signing is a risk.

Indeed. For every Owen we've signed there's been a Shearer.

Who provided excellent value for money for the goals he provided.

You're happy to see us spend £1.5m when we're about to receive a portion of the biggest television deal in the history of the game?

What do you suggest they do with the other £65m?

You're happy to see us spend £1.5m when we're about to receive a portion of the biggest television deal in the history of the game?

More SportsDirect signage.

:clap:

It's not a separate matter, it's yet another position that he refuses to strengthen because it would cost him money.

Pay off some of the debt to Ashley, presumably?

Keep it as long as the players don't mind playing for free

Keep it as long as the players don't mind playing for free

Aye because the TV money is our only income.

What and wages are our only outgoing?

People seem to forget the costs of a Premiership club, they think its all run on fairy dust and magic beans.