Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Udinese loaning players out? Interesting new tactic for them

Obviously not. But the statement from the Pozzos on our club website earlier today indicated that they'll look to uphold the identity of Watford FC and focus upon our academy, respecting the uniqueness of English footballing culture, yet immediately sack Sean Dyche and seemingly send a young Brazilian talent in on loan. These aren't necessarily bad things, but it's interesting to see which direction we're taken in - either way it'll likely be 'positive', but I do fear for the integrity of our club's identity - even if they're attempting to reassure us that it'll be maintained and upheld.

Diego linked with Flamengo.

Seedorf signing with Botafogo.

Martin Caceres linked with Botafogo.

Juan Manuel Martinez who we were once linked with on his way to Santos apparently. Brazilian league growing stronger for every season with the shitload of money involved, the signing of players from other South American countries is promising. Martinuccio, Fucile and so on are very good players.

Juan Manuel Martinez who we were once linked with on his way to Santos apparently. Brazilian league growing stronger for every season with the shitload of money involved, the signing of players from other South American countries is promising. Martinuccio, Fucile and so on are very good players.

Favela of the month

In my time watching the Argie league JMM has been arguably the best/most consistant player. Played v. well against Santos in the Copa games this year too.

Check out his golazo against Racing. Ben Arfa esque.

Guest Craig-NUFC

How are the State Championships thought of in Brazil? Admittedly I get most my info on Brazilian football through journalists, and they all hate it, thinking that it stops progression of the league and high profile non-Brazilian players willing to join Brazilian clubs due to the number of games.

Matteo Ferrari ffs.

Goes alongside Alex Nyarko in our Hall of Fame.

:dowie:

Eh?

Ferrari only came on loan & hardly played but when called on he mostly did well. IIRC he had one bad game on his debut away to Arsenal, played out of position at full back. We've had shitloads of players worse than him since the 90's.

:lol: Exaggerating for comedy effect, but I don't have good memories of him. Perhaps being harsh on him, he's far too closely linked to the Kroldrup era for my liking.

How are the State Championships thought of in Brazil? Admittedly I get most my info on Brazilian football through journalists, and they all hate it, thinking that it stops progression of the league and high profile non-Brazilian players willing to join Brazilian clubs due to the number of games.

IMO they're a waste of time but a foreigner is always going to be of that opinion. Problem is the central FA need to keep the state FAs happy as they all vote on stuff so it's unlikely to scrapped in my view.

Spare seats all over the place which doesn't exactly help.

Help with a lot of players stats though which I reckon helps a lot of players getting moves due to ignorant foreign managers.

luka Modric overrated ? A successful central midfielder will pull the club up a level due to the central role he plays, but has Modric actually propelled spurs forward ?

In my time watching the Argie league JMM has been arguably the best/most consistant player. Played v. well against Santos in the Copa games this year too.

Check out his golazo against Racing. Ben Arfa esque.

Not seen him play, but him with Ganso and Neymar for 6 months might be wanktastic then?

I dont really know, the fans love winning it, but its quite a waste, destroys the build up for Libertadores and so on for the big clubs, but for the smaller clubs I guess its very valuable to be able to play the biggest team of the state and see what standard are required.

Guest antz1uk

Different types of players

Play in the same attacking midfield slot though don't they?

higuan at spurs? surely not, he's one of the top strikers in the world that could go to chelsea or man city, please for the love of god not spurs, anyway he'd command over £150k per week in salary