Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Works out as a great deal for Roma.

I don't see this.

In 2 years time, either Barca will pay effectively €1m for him back, or Roma pay €27m to keep him, it's essentially risk free but what happens if he plays pretty well but not €40m well?

Is that how it works? I assumed the 27m was only if they wanted to eliminate the buy back clause in the first 2 years? That's how I read it. Don't know much about buy backs etc in Spain though.

I don't see this.

In 2 years time, either Barca will pay effectively €1m for him back, or Roma pay €27m to keep him, it's essentially risk free but what happens if he plays pretty well but not €40m well?

Is that how it works? I assumed the 27m was only if they wanted to eliminate the buy back clause in the first 2 years? That's how I read it. Don't know much about buy backs etc in Spain though.

It essentially is, but if they don't eliminate it then Barca buy him back in 2013.

I've never seen a deal like this so I can excuse you here, I'm not certain myself. :lol:

The buyback is mandatory according to our press, so essentially Roma are lending us €12m with Bojan as collateral :lol:

But this makes more likely that he'll be back in two years, which for essentially sentimental reasons is something I like.

Matty Taylor having a medical with West Ham. £2.2M represents decent value for someone who has frankly been a shadow since contracting glandular fever last year.

Hope we can finally get some players in now, we have a squad of about 15. :(

I don't see this.

We'd just get back to the table and hammer out a deal for an intermediate figure.

Can't see him being a success in Serie A with those deep defences, though, the PL would have been a much better fit.

I consider the Bojan deal to be akin to a long-term loan, so in that regard it's a good deal for Roma, especially if Barca are contracted to sign him back.

It's a better deal for Barca though, as they get a potentially improved Bojan back for a million, and they don't have to pay his wages for the next two years. Works for all parties really.

I consider the Bojan deal to be akin to a long-term loan, so in that regard it's a good deal for Roma, especially if Barca are contracted to sign him back.

With this deal and the way the Alexis fee is structured (with €11m in addons that ITKs say should be easily triggered in the next seasons), it really looks like our board is stocking up our transfer budget this season at the expense of the next seasons' in order to afford both Cesc and Alexis. Both signings should leave us sorted in midfield and attack for the next few years so it should be fine.

Chelsea just paid £8m for him so I assume so. Very clever business letting him learn his trade at a top club like Atletico IMO.

Sweetener for Chelsea making an Agüero bid perhaps too?

Inevitable but still a shame that the Yellow Submarine team is being dismantled, they were a joy to watch last season.

Aye, really liked that team.

They really have to sell, they lose a lot of money every season. Anyway, they were "dismantled" once already (the seasons after they came in second in La Liga) and bounced back splendidly.

When Bojan makes his move  to Roma it will clear the way for Vucinic to Spurs.

Bid of £15m accepted and now talking personal terms ............... reputedly.  I did say a couple of days ago that I expected Vucinic to be our next signing.  Nothing being rumoured to make me change my mind.

Bojan saying he didn't have a good relationship with Pep in his goodbye press conference (while at the same time he says he's the best manager Barça can have). That's one of his managerial quirks/flaws, if Pep gives up on you, you're dead to him.

Wouldn't call Vucinic a particularly great striker, from what I've seen of him. £15m though in today's crazy market isn't surprising.

Can't see him scoring more than 15 next year.

Vucinic? I admittedly don't watch that much Serie A, but he has never impressed me hugely. Is he really going to be the striker that Spurs rely on to improve their goalscoring?

Can't honestly say I'm wild about him, he looks very good sometimes and very average others, a bit like Berbatov in many ways.  All the talk is that there will be a major overhaul of the strikers if we can find new homes for the existing ones.  All the popular talk is Vucinic, Adebayor, Rossi and Pav are the preferred striking options and are achievable, but what they want and what they get may turn out to be two completely different things.

The bottom line is Levy is in control and he says he wants sales to happen first.  There's certainly clubs that have been asking about Keane, Crouch and Defoe but Levy's selling prices and the players' wages might slow things up! 

Vucinic? I admittedly don't watch that much Serie A, but he has never impressed me hugely. Is he really going to be the striker that Spurs rely on to improve their goalscoring?

Can't honestly say I'm wild about him, he looks very good sometimes and very average others, a bit like Berbatov in many ways.  All the talk is that there will be a major overhaul of the strikers if we can find new homes for the existing ones.  All the popular talk is Vucinic, Adebayor, Rossi and Pav are the preferred striking options and are achievable, but what they want and what they get may turn out to be two completely different things.

The bottom line is Levy is in control and he says he wants sales to happen first.  There's certainly clubs that have been asking about Keane, Crouch and Defoe but Levy's selling prices and the players' wages might slow things up!  

Reports in our press say that he's very close to signing for Juve, so you might be late on this one.

Can't honestly say I'm wild about him, he looks very good sometimes and very average others, a bit like Berbatov in many ways.  All the talk is that there will be a major overhaul of the strikers if we can find new homes for the existing ones.  All the popular talk is Vucinic, Adebayor, Rossi and Pav are the preferred striking options and are achievable, but what they want and what they get may turn out to be two completely different things.

The bottom line is Levy is in control and he says he wants sales to happen first.  There's certainly clubs that have been asking about Keane, Crouch and Defoe but Levy's selling prices and the players' wages might slow things up!  

Reports in our press say that he's very close to signing for Juve, so you might be late on this one.

Never likely in my opinion.  Just couldn't see Levy parting with the wedge of money that would be needed to get him.