Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The f***ing cheek of a Barcelona fan being a "chronic pessimist" when it comes to football.

"We're buying the third best central midfielder in the world to back-up the two best central midfielders in the world, who also play for us, but I just can't help but feel a little unsure about it all."

:blush:

I'm oldschool, the new generations have it easy.

Come on, when I was a kid our star striker was kidapped when we were leading the league with 5 games to go and we ended up losing it! Of course I'm going to believe the sky can fall at any moment.

Fabregas is fucking class. His injuries have actually made him quite underrated because when he's fit, he is - like Shak said - the third best central midfielder in the world. There's no doubt that he's the best midfielder in the Premiership - when fit, again - and he's constantly proved it.

Although hearing Wenger talking about his hamstring has to be worrying, since this injury is 2+ years now iirc, I'm sure a part of it is to actually scare Barca away.

He's a top, top player but his constant injuries would be a concern if I was looking at him.

On that subject me and a friend were commenting the other day how hilarious it would be if after all the saga he ended up failing the medical.

Surely any medical would only be bureaucratic...

He's a top, top player but his constant injuries would be a concern if I was looking at him.

On that subject me and a friend were commenting the other day how hilarious it would be if after all the saga he ended up failing the medical.

Surely any medical would only be bureaucratic...

Medicals are mostly for insurance purposes so we can't really make them "bureaucratic" even if we wanted to. Another thing is that we might shoulder the risk anyway if something comes up wrong.

BBC reporting that Arsenal have had a £10m bid for Jagielka rejected.

A player they supposedly bid £12m for last summer. Arsenal love their double standards when it comes to transfers like.

Everton - no-one gets in , no-one gets out.

Unless you're Steven Pienaar.

...or Dan Gosling?

or howard kendall, who was in-out-in-out and shaken all about.

Guest johnson293

http://vcfcentral.com/latest-news/nacho-leaves-to-standard-liege/

The latest player who is set to end his relationship with Valencia is the Uruguayan midfielder Nacho González who has reportedly reached an agreement with Standard Liege.

The midfielder who was signed by Fernando Gómez has failed to play a single game with the club due to his numerous injuries. The player received a call from his representatives and drove to Belgium at four in the morning. According to Super Deporte the player has passed his medical exam and has signed for the Belgian club.

Sounds familiar.

Guest kingdawson

Frediel >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gomes

Who?

Brad Friedel looked average at best lest season, very slow and reactions starting to go.

Friedel spent last year veering between being awesome and being an absolute liability. He's rooted to his line these days.

If you'd taken a straw poll - and this was certainly the case with the people i talk to who sit near me - of Villa fans at the end of last year, there would have been almost unanimous agreement we needed a new goalkeeper.

That's why I was utterly amazed when Spurs gave him a two year contract.

Baffling.

Surely he isn't going to be your number one, is he?

Friedel does not make basic errors and is much more reliable than Gomes. I hope he's our number 1 next season.

Guest kingdawson

Anyway Vucinic missed an autograph signing yesterday and missed training today. Looks like he'll be signing soon.

Guest kingdawson

Pleased with that?

Well yeah as long as theres another striker coming in too. Whenever i've seen Vucinic he's either played on the left or sometimes as a deep lying forward, never as the centre striker. We need an Adebayor type too....or maybe Damiao who's young but is the sort of target man type forward we need.

Everton - no-one gets in , no-one gets out.

Unless you're Steven Pienaar.

...or Dan Gosling?

Gosling's was like the Great Escape though. Getting out because of a technicality, the only way!

Apparently we have agreed a deal to sell Oriol Romeu to Chelsea for €5m, with a buyback clause (weird that Chelsea would agree to that).

I guess it's been done to raise money for Cesc/Alexis, but Oriol was doing very well at Barça B. I guess we have way too many midfielders though.

This has been the worst transfer windows in a while. Barely seen any big transfers and everything else is a long and drawn out saga. Bring on august 31st. Thats when things get heated.

Been loads of big signings man...

Young, Downing, Adam, Henderson, Gervinho, Jones, De Gea, Clichy, Cabaye, Whickham etc.

This has been the worst transfer windows in a while. Barely seen any big transfers and everything else is a long and drawn out saga. Bring on august 31st. Thats when things get heated.

Been loads of big signings man...

Young, Downing, Adam, Henderson, Gervinho, Jones, De Gea, Clichy, Cabaye, Whickham etc.

Gardner, Larsson, Westwood, South Korean Striker, Brown, O'Shea